washers or laundry package

ael123

Just wondering if anyone has bought the laundry service. We will be on Windsurf for 15 days over the Xmas holidays. My husband said he would rather pack light and just pay the $250 for the unlimited laundry service. I am not sure if they have a washer on board. Does Wind surf have a self service washer for cruiser use? If anyone here has purchased the laundry service were you pleased with the service. Do they wash and press? Do they dry clean? I ask because if they dry clean then I would bring a silk shirt otherwise I will stick to washables.

Any information is helpful.

That $250 seems very high, relative to what we've been paying (and yes, it is worth every penny.) The cost is per cabin, did you maybe figure it as per person?

They wash, press, and return things to the cabin either hung or folded. There is no dry cleaning service. They also do a fairly good job of following specific instructions for certain items.

Edited by milepig

We have been on the Wind Surf, Wind Star and Star Pride for 15, 18 and 24 days. Each time we purchased the laundry package. It is $109 per week per cabin. Each time we only took carry on luggage. We arrived with clean clothes and left the ship for home with clean clothes. This is the best service of any cruise line.

We have been on the Wind Surf, Wind Star and Star Pride for 15, 18 and 24 days. Each time we purchased the laundry package. It is $109 per week per cabin. Each time we only took carry on luggage. We arrived with clean clothes and left the ship for home with clean clothes. This is the best service of any cruise line.

So I guess the ~250 is right. Still worth it.

One of the best concepts ever. It allows us to pack carry on only, so no risk of lost luggage. So worth it to get off with clean clothing, particularly if you aren't going home immediately at the end of the cruise. They do a great job. I took a small mesh laundry bag and put socks, my underwear, my sweatband, other tiny things which could be lost or that you don't want getting tangled with regular laundry and put a note in the laundry slip to return everything in the bag, no need to fold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input. Do they iron? My husband's hawaiian shirts if washed and folded would look awful. I thought the $250 was a little high based one the $109 price per week which is $218 for two weeks. However, maybe because this is a holiday cruise they are increasing the price. We have a credit from our travel agent so we are going to plan on taking the laundry package. I hope they include ironing. Please advise about pressing.

Thanks

Thank you for the input. Do they iron? My husband's hawaiian shirts if washed and folded would look awful. I thought the $250 was a little high based one the $109 price per week which is $218 for two weeks. However, maybe because this is a holiday cruise they are increasing the price. We have a credit from our travel agent so we are going to plan on taking the laundry package. I hope they include ironing. Please advise about pressing.

Thanks

Ironing is definitely part of it. We sent out some things for pressing only when we first arrived. Just be aware that they don't dry clean.

Something isn't right with what you have been quoted, unless maybe one of your legs is a 10 day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk