almost LIVE !! - Regal/Caribbean Princesses b²b 12/4/2016 - 12/17/2016

scubacruiserx2

Watched your sailaway. Thought I might have spotted you based on your balcony location, but the camera wasn't zoomed in close enough to be sure. Hope you have a great cruise, and some great diving!

Thanks Nancy , we hope to snorkel lighthouse beach tomorrow on a private tour and we did book a dive in Cozumel with Princess . :cool:

Thanks Nancy , we hope to snorkel lighthouse beach tomorrow on a private tour and we did book a dive in Cozumel with Princess . :cool:

I'll be interested to see how those two days work out.

I didn't know you could book privately from Princess Cays. We will be stopping there next year on our Panama Canal sailing, so I would be interested in your snorkel trip to Lighthouse Beach. I had been thinking about the snorkel trip offered by Princess, but I'm definitely open to other options.

I hope your experience with Sand Dollar in Cozumel works out as well for you as mine did for me on my Oasis cruise. Does this mean that you weren't able to get something set up with the shop you usually use? It seemed to me like you had a great relationship with the people who run that dive shop. :confused: I do hope everything is OK there.

Hope you are having a great time! :cool:

So sorry everybody , we've had some tech. problems hopefully we can get back on track . We're in Jamaica today,staying in the Enclave on the ship. We have a winemakers dinner to night . I've not been able to upload photos so we suggest that you go to our other threads for photos found below at the bottom of the page under photographic reviews . Click on Cruising the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess . or Cruising the Caribbean on the Re al Princess for the Regal Princess .

I'll be interested to see how those two days work out.

I didn't know you could book privately from Princess Cays. We will be stopping there next year on our Panama Canal sailing, so I would be interested in your snorkel trip to Lighthouse Beach. I had been thinking about the snorkel trip offered by Princess, but I'm definitely open to other options.

I hope your experience with Sand Dollar in Cozumel works out as well for you as mine did for me on my Oasis cruise. Does this mean that you weren't able to get something set up with the shop you usually use? It seemed to me like you had a great relationship with the people who run that dive shop. :confused: I do hope everything is OK there.

Hope you are having a great time! :cool:

Hi Nancy , we will be diving with Dive House ( the Princess dive provider for this trip ) in Cozumel at 10 AM , when we arrive . We couldn't get enough divers for a private boat in Cozumel and so that meant a 1pm boat with Dive Paradise . So we will be trying the Princess provider this leg of the trip . We will share the photos from snorkeling (and this trip ) when we get back home . We did have a nice UBD last night and CC m&g yesterday , meeting the other divers for tomorrow's dive in Grand Cayman . :cool:

We are nearing the port of Cozumel where we are visiting from 10 -10 . We had a great dive in GC and ate at Rackhams on GC for lunch followed by a dress up night in the MDR last night . We went to the show later . We had a nice winemakers dinner on Wednesday . We plan on diving when we get off of the ship followed by a siesta and a late dinner on Cozumel . Hopefully we won't be pier runners tonight so we don't miss the balloon drop this evening at 10:30 .

Later , and until then :

DSC07498_zpsvkcs2aum.jpg

298e9987-b537-4750-ae39-e5fcbf951041_zpsjgpwzfuk.jpg

:) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Just found this thread. We are your neighbors on the ship (B736). Having a great time, perfect weather. The staff has been great, food is "good" Crown Grill and UBD, so far, has been the best. Service in the MDR has been slow and they still can't work out the issues with Anytime Dining. Off to Paradise Beach and then a day of enjoying this beautiful island!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just found this thread. We are your neighbors on the ship (B736). Having a great time, perfect weather. The staff has been great, food is "good" Crown Grill and UBD, so far, has been the best. Service in the MDR has been slow and they still can't work out the issues with Anytime Dining. Off to Paradise Beach and then a day of enjoying this beautiful island!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We hope that you had a great day at the beach . Here's a photo from our last visit there .

DSC0765120Stitch-001_zpszpo8h7ni.jpg

We haven't been able to upload photos from this trip yet , and our internet speed is like the service in the MDR !

Loving the review! Thanks so much. We board on the 18th.

Marie

They have the decorations up ( including presents under the tree ) just waiting for your visit !

We are off to the Enclave and trying to dry our dive gear on a very overcast , maybe rainy day . ;)

I am sorry to hear the MDR service has not improved! Is the buzz around the ship that traditional AND anytime are experiencing the same thing. Do you have a favorite bar?

Marie

We have only dined twice at the MDR for dinner . We really don't drink much on the ship , wine with dinner and a beer today with the British pub lunch . We usually bring 2 bottles of wine for our cabin . Our favorite mixed drinks would be a Margarita for me which I enjoyed on the UBD and in Cozumel last night , and DW likes a Mojito . So , no bars on the ship that we frequent .

We have only dined twice at the MDR for dinner . We really don't drink much on the ship , wine with dinner and a beer today with the British pub lunch . We usually bring 2 bottles of wine for our cabin . Our favorite mixed drinks would be a Margarita for me which I enjoyed on the UBD and in Cozumel last night , and DW likes a Mojito . So , no bars on the ship that we frequent .

Thank you. How did you enjoy the UBD? It is something I am considering if the balcony is large enough to be comfortable.

Marie

Thank you. How did you enjoy the UBD? It is something I am considering if the balcony is large enough to be comfortable.

Marie

Yes Marie , we enjoyed it and had a nice balcony and nice weather ! This was from our last trip on the Regal .

8c50aac7-01da-42c7-99e7-f01dac369637_zpslkftzsro.jpg

But they didn't let us keep the flowers this time .

We successfully made the jump to the Caribbean Princess yesterday and celebrated with dinner at the Crown Grille last night . With a day at sea , it's laundry day and our M&G is set for 11 AM at Skywalkers .It's formal night in the MDR and time to pack our gear for diving in Roatan followed by Belize and Cozumel on Thursday ( more diving ) .

A word of note to those with GOES or Global one . You need to bring the card issued and your passport . We haven't used the card ever, only using our passports , successfully for 6 years . But there is a change in protocol and you need both if you want to exit using the short line . No exceptions as we found out yesterday !! We wish that we knew and now you know , so bring both !

We have a little rain and a port time of 10 AM . We did set our clocks back an hour last night and will move them forward tomorrow night . Wheee :confused:

We did meet several of the ship's officer's yesterday at the M&G and they were very patient as it digressed into a whining secession by a few . We were thrilled to meet some fellow divers , which is the primary reason of why we attended and we're looking forward to some diving !!

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I'm not sure if we mentioned it or not , so I may be repeating myself but , as you enter Cozumel you will have to form a line to allow a dog to sniff your gear . So be careful with what you bring in !

Brad squealed in delight when he saw the dog (a black lab I think) and tried to pet him. And then he got yelled at by security :p:D:p:D

Brad squealed in delight when he saw the dog (a black lab I think) and tried to pet him. And then he got yelled at by security :p:D:p:D

It's too bad that they are not more understanding of pet lovers actions . ;)

We a had slightly different encounter with a sniffer dog at the Cozumel airport once . We flew from Cancun to Coz in a small plane and they didn't allow carry on bags . We didn't have a lock on it and when we went to retrieve it , a dog squealed in delight at our bag and some others . We had an airport official , local police and a Federal official watch us open and they went threw the contents . Before I opened the unlocked suitcase in their presence I thought , Oh no , locked up abroad !!! :eek:

They found nothing in any of the bags , but we now lock all of our bags - even the carry ons .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

We are currently at anchor in Belize enjoying a quite day on ship . There are thunderstorms ashore and around and we are looking forward to the Crab Shack tonight . Tomorrow we hope to dive in Cozumel with fellow CC divers scubawaltz . Almost time for lunch and a nap ! ;)