May 28 embarkation questions

vankrunk

Looking for tips for making the embarkation process smooth when boarding HAL, Nieuw Amsterdam ship on May 28 in Vancouver Thanks!

You may also want to ask on the HAL forum where there will likely be more people with direct experience see your question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Hi there,

I see you have posted both on the HAL board and on your Roll Call, both good starts. :) The Port of Vancouver schedule shows two ships in that day at Canada Place, so it may be moderately busy. In Vancouver, you will go through U.S. Border Patrol pre-clearance, which means technically once you pass through, you are considered to be in U.S. waters even though you are still in Vancouver, Canada. This makes it easier when you reach your first Alaskan port - the entire ship does not need to go through Customs and Immigration... you can just walk off the ship!

The only things I can suggest are to have all your documents (cruise docs and passports, of course), and bring your patience. :) A two-ship day is better than a three-ship day, but as I said it will still be moderately busy.

I hope you are spending time in beautiful Vancouver pre-or post-cruise. Enjoy Alaska!