Wine packages on Breakaway

edenrayne

We've always gotten the Viva Vino package on embarkation day. I think there'd be more info regarding it's discontinuation. I haven't read anything stating that it's not available on most cruises. The only ship that may not have it available is the POA but would think there'd be no problem with BA.

If it's been done away with, sure someone will fill in the details.

As I recall - 4 - $88 6- 132 and 8 - 176

The levels vary and the list of wines has changed so while I have a list, it's no longer accurate so no point posting it. I still think it's a good deal for those of us who only drink wine.

The package can only be ordered on the ship and usually there's a table set up soon after entrance onto the ship. We order it as soon as we enter the ship or at the first bar we arrive at.

Cheers,

Edited by All-ready2cruise

As I recall - 4 - $88 6- 132 and 8 - 176

The levels vary and the list of wines has changed so while I have a list, it's no longer accurate so no point posting it. I still think it's a good deal for those of us who only drink wine.

The package can only be ordered on the ship and usually there's a table set up soon after entrance onto the ship. We order it as soon as we enter the ship or at the first bar we arrive at.

Cheers,

Thanks so much! We are wine drinkers so this is a good to hear. Smooth sailing everyone.....................

You can drink this wine anywhere you want... take it to dinner, leave in your cabin, get a bottle at the bar... it's your choice. They give you little coupons and you do need to be careful with them since they can get lost easily.

We usually take a couple of bottles to our cabin and leave a couple at the MDR, very easy.

Enjoy your cruises,

Cheers,

We are just off te Breakaway. We had 8 mid range wines that went for $216. I am sorry as I do not recall the other price ranges (probably due to 8 bottles of wine). It was well worth it to enjoy not only on our balcony but at dinner. We noticed that it was often difficult for other diners to flag down the wait staff in the MDRs if they wanted a second glass. MDRs are very very busy.

We are just off te Breakaway. We had 8 mid range wines that went for $216. I am sorry as I do not recall the other price ranges (probably due to 8 bottles of wine). It was well worth it to enjoy not only on our balcony but at dinner. We noticed that it was often difficult for other diners to flag down the wait staff in the MDRs if they wanted a second glass. MDRs are very very busy.

I know about the "memory" after 8 bottles of wine, but, by any chance do you remember any names.

We got 2 Robert Mondavi Chardonnays, 2 North South (Norwegian's Brand} Sav Blanc, and 2 Red Zinfandel that was from Spain and 2 Cabernets from France (they had screw caps)

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by edenrayne

Yes. We just came home from 14 days on the Breakaway and had a wine package. 4, 6 or 8 bottles - three price levels

Do they charge the 18%?

I know someone mentioned coupons so would I go to the bar and ask for my 4 bottles to take back to room?

Thx

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

Do they charge the 18%?

I know someone mentioned coupons so would I go to the bar and ask for my 4 bottles to take back to room?

Thx

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

You can go and ask but when you order your package they will offer to send it to your room or keep it for you at the main bar.

Yeah, do be careful with the coupons, they are easily lost.

Yes, I'm afraid they also charge the 18% on top of the package cost.

You can go and ask but when you order your package they will offer to send it to your room or keep it for you at the main bar.

Yeah, do be careful with the coupons, they are easily lost.

Yes, I'm afraid they also charge the 18% on top of the package cost.

Thank you for the info!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

The wine packages are excellent. We've had them both delivered to our stateroom all at once (stored in the emptied mini fridge and ice buckets) and one bottle at a time at any venue via slip of paper with Viva Vino printed on it as well as your name and stateroom #.

Works like a charm. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

P.S. Wine Lists have dropped dramatically since 2014. Search NCL wine lists 2016 to be updated.

Edited by meatball_nyc

The wine packages are excellent. We've had them both delivered to our stateroom all at once (stored in the emptied mini fridge and ice buckets) and one bottle at a time at any venue via slip of paper with Viva Vino printed on it as well as your name and stateroom #.

Works like a charm. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Yes, thank you..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app