Need advice from a SilverSea expert!

Mudhen

John and I are very excited to be taking our first SS cruise on the Spirit at the end of April. I'm now working on restaurant reservations and I've got a question. On the second night out, many lines have a special "welcome" type dinner menu in the main dining room. Is it really very special, as in "not to be missed" or would it be ok to make a "special" reservation for that night? We don't want to miss anything spectacular, but since we're late booking this, there isn't a whole lot to be had reservation wise in the "specials". Thanking everyone in advance,

Linda and John

With just six Silversea cruises we're relatively beginners compared to many here but I don't recall any special "welcome aboard" dinner the second night. The Spirit has a nice selection of restaurants so I'd book something other than the main dining room.

The only special dinner night we've had recently was New Year's eve when the MDR went all out. But, we were able to secure a last minute spot in Le Champagne and went that route instead. Didn't feel like we missed anything special as they brought all the party favors into Le Champagne for us to enjoy.

Thank you all for your speedy replies! We've booked La Champagne for the second night out. And yes, there is a nice selection of "special" restaurants. We've booked 'em all with the exception of the Asian one. May book that on board, if it's available when we feel like it. Doesn't seem to be a big rush on that one.

Thank you all for your speedy replies! We've booked La Champagne for the second night out. And yes, there is a nice selection of "special" restaurants. We've booked 'em all with the exception of the Asian one. May book that on board, if it's available when we feel like it. Doesn't seem to be a big rush on that one.

LaChampagne on the Spirit was very good. We also liked Stars. Our least favorite was Seishen but my wife and the couple we were traveling with are not big sushi fans. Actually cancelled a second dinner there and did the Stars Supper Club again in its place.

OOO! Thank you, Spinnaker! I never even thought about lunch! Will try for sure! Do they offer sushi at lunch? Do you know off hand, what Seishen charges for dinner?

Yes they definitely offer it at lunch.

Also usually sushi at LA Terrazza buffet lunch...

I don't know the charges for seishen for dinner as we were guests of a pax.

I have also tried stars, but it's not my thing.

The pianist and singer are terrific.

The small bites too many different tastes for me.

I would go after dinner to hear the singer, I noticed a number of pax who did that.

Personally, we are huge fans of eating outside at La terrazza for dinner if the weather cooperates.

DH likes the grill a lot too.

Then we also like dining en suite. Romantic to eat on your own balcony.

Sometimes the dressing up thing is too much because informal is more formal than not.

Yes they definitely offer it at lunch.

Also usually sushi at LA Terrazza buffet lunch...

I don't know the charges for seishen for dinner as we were guests of a pax.

I have also tried stars, but it's not my thing.

The pianist and singer are terrific.

The small bites too many different tastes for me.

I would go after dinner to hear the singer, I noticed a number of pax who did that.

Personally, we are huge fans of eating outside at La terrazza for dinner if the weather cooperates.

DH likes the grill a lot too.

Then we also like dining en suite. Romantic to eat on your own balcony.

Sometimes the dressing up thing is too much because informal is more formal than not.

We thought the singer and pianist were pretty good but then again we liked the atmosphere and might not have been really listening all that hard. We never stayed past dinner or go back later in the evening when Stars turns into more of a nightclub. When we were on the Spirit it was a very thin older woman pianist and a black female singer. Granted the pianist played without much emotion and looked like she was bored out of her mind.

Zen

It may be that you are on a Med cruise? I thought formal nights were optional on Med cruises.

The formal nights for our sailing show up on the MySilversea site, on the activities page just on the left where it shows the date.

We have a total of three formal nights, but we are on a back to back from ft lauderdale to Barcelona.