QE refurb

majortom10

The information on the Cunard website says the QE next dry dock period is yet to be confirmed.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/refit_schedule

I can't see any gaps in the 2017 schedule either.

Looking at that link on Cunard's website, they are saying that the QV refurb is in June 2017 but the schedule shows three cruises for June and none for May. So presumably the QV refit is in May 2017.

" [MS]Queen Victoria went in for refurbishment in January 2015. The previous refurbishment for Queen Victoria was in December 2010. Her next dry dock period is June 2017 [emphasis mine]" quoted from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/refit_

"Queen Elizabeth undertook her first dry dock period in May 2014. Prior to this she was launched in October 2010. Her next dry dock period is yet to be confirmed" - as Ray previously mentioned

Edited by Salacia

" [MS]Queen Victoria went in for refurbishment in January 2015. The previous refurbishment for Queen Victoria was in December 2010. Her next dry dock period is June 2017 [emphasis mine]" quoted from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/refit_

"Queen Elizabeth undertook her first dry dock period in May 2014. Prior to this she was launched in October 2010. Her next dry dock period is yet to be confirmed" - as Ray previously mentioned

I have been given the impression Victoria's dry dock sojourn is scheduled for May '17 after her World Voyage, not June.

The reason why I asked is it states on Cunard's website that tea/coffee making facilities will be provided in all staterooms after QM2s refurb this year and will be done on QV and QE in 2017 after their refurbs. I just wondered if anyone knew what time of year because it doesn't state that on website.

The reason why I asked is it states on Cunard's website that tea/coffee making facilities will be provided in all staterooms after QM2s refurb this year and will be done on QV and QE in 2017 after their refurbs. I just wondered if anyone knew what time of year because it doesn't state that on website.

Now we're really talking P&O.

David.

I have been given the impression Victoria's dry dock sojourn is scheduled for May '17 after her World Voyage, not June.

Victoria, you might be correct; I don't have any inside information - but in addition to Cunard website I quoted previously, here's two additional sources where the QV's refit is mentioned as being in June 2017...

"... Cunard announced it will be adding Britannia Club staterooms to Queen Victoria in her next dry-dock scheduled for June 2017..." quoted from http://www.cunard.com/cunard-experience/media-centre/press-releases/seatrade-recap/

"Cunard is to add an unspecified number of extra Britannia Club cabins to Queen Victoria during the ship’s next dry-dock in June 2017..." http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/60944/cunard-to-add-britannia-cabins-to-queen-victoria

Salacia

Yes, I think that must be right as, like I say above, there are three cruises for the QV for June 2017 (which presumably some people have already booked) and none for May 2017.

I understand the reason for your question based on this information found on ask.cunard.com to which you have alluded.

Q. Can I make tea and coffee in my cabin?

No, tea and coffee is available from the bars and restaurants, or via 24 hour room service. Complimentary tea and coffee is available from the buffet restaurant and via the room service menu.

After Queen Mary 2 refurbishment in June 2016 tea & coffee making facilities will be available in your stateroom.

Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will also offer this service after their refurbishment in 2017.

A full description of the facilities in your cabin can be viewed in the question What facilities are in my cabin?

As has already been mentioned, there is no full-blown refurbishment planned for QE in 2017 in the sense of her going into dry dock, as QM2 is doing the year and QV next year.

But the real question is when will QE receive in-stateroom tea and coffee making facilities? Will that have to wait for her next dry dock? Or will that be done during 2017 while the ship is in service? Sorry, I don't have the answers to those questions, but perhaps someone else here does.

Regards,

John.