Availability of travel sickness pills.

Chez2

On TA in December we sailed through rough seas & storms (the storm that lashed UK at Christmas)

My OH felt ill first day. Went to medical centre & recomended that we buy the seasickness pill from pursers desk as they usually work & are cheaper than the injection.

The pills worked well and only two doses were required although it was pretty rough for whole crossing.

Thank you everyone I will get some from my transplant team next time I am in clinic. I'm not normally sea sick but recently having a tx I can't take the risk with my rejection drugs.

Are travel sickness pills available on reception or in the medical centre as they are on RCL, or do you have to pay for them or bring your own.

Thank you.

I have found on the 5 different lines we have cruised with that they are always available at reception free of charge. Always assumed that it was better to provide the tablets than to have to clear up after people

Sea sick bracelets (accupressure) are available in the shop on board - and they really work!! My husband was heavily suffering and these bracelets (one per side) definitively helped! So before taking pills I would try those and would by them in advance in your pharmacy so you have them available. We for sure will have them ready in our luggage for our next voyage in December.

• 4 weeks later...

I always take my bonine (available at Walmart) every morning during a cruise. If the sea is particularly rough, I may pop another one during the evening. I get sea sickness very easily but have never had a problem when taking bonine.