Amalfi/Positano Tendering

GiGiGi

When Oceania lists Amalfi/Positano as a port (with tendering), is tendering provided to both towns or just Amalfi?

I did try to search this without success. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

When Oceania lists Amalfi/Positano as a port (with tendering), is tendering provided to both towns or just Amalfi?

I did try to search this without success. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

I can't say for sure, but the two towns are some distance apart, so it would be a longer than usual tender ride to one or the other. Usually when ports are listed that way, it means you can use other transportation of some kind once ashore to go between the two.

Edited by waterbug123

When we were scheduled to tender in Amalfi, we had arranged with some friends for a tour via van and driver/guide for a tour to include Amalfi, Ravello, Sorrento, and Poisitano.

Our ship docked in Naples instead, which I later read was a not so uncommon occurrence. The guide met us there and we had a wonderful day.

Look up Amalfi and see if anything there would interest you? It's a relatively small town, so from a great place to chill out at (overpriced) cafes there is a famous, beautiful historic church, you should def go there, and great places to buy the best limoncello for a start... The tenders drop you off right at the Amalfi ferry dock where you can get v cheap tickets to Positano if you want to go there....you can easily see both places, lots of similarities to each other.

Cruise ships tender to Amalfi not Positano. Oceania have put Amalfi/Positano for the last 6 years on their schedules, I don't know why, but would be interested if anyone actually entered into Positano?

Ravello is a beautiful village high up on the mountain.just watch out for August, all these places are packed with other tourists.

We were on one Oceania cruise which had to dock at Naples instead of tendering into Amalfi, so bear this in mind as a possibility, tons of amazing things to see in Naples. So as you were asking if there in anything worth seeing in Amalfi, you might want to look up Naples too, just in case..

Not sure how long your ship is scheduled to be anchored but you should be able to enjoy both towns. Amalfi is very small but as others have said the church is gorgeous and worth visiting. There is a fairly regular boat service between Amalfi and Positano and the latter is one of the jewels of the Amalfi coast IMO.

Enjoy your cruise.