Allure..Starbucks

• 1 month later...

I don't even have a card anymore. I have been using the app for so long. But I do not think the phone needs to be connected to use it. Kind of like a credit card the vendors system needs to be connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't even have a card anymore. I have been using the app for so long. But I do not think the phone needs to be connected to use it. Kind of like a credit card the vendors system needs to be connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Easy to check: put your phone on airplane mode the next time you visit a Starbucks and see if it works.

In my case, my card/app are loaded with Canadian $. I guess I'll have to get another card and load it with USD for the Allure. Unless, of course, Starbucks accepts CAD at par. :)

Easy to check: put your phone on airplane mode the next time you visit a Starbucks and see if it works.

In my case, my card/app are loaded with Canadian $. I guess I'll have to get another card and load it with USD for the Allure. Unless, of course, Starbucks accepts CAD at par. :)

I have used my Canadian gold card in several places around the world. The charges are immediately converted to Canadian and processed without any issues. I will say I have never paid attention to the exchange rate.

I have used my Canadian gold card in several places around the world. The charges are immediately converted to Canadian and processed without any issues. I will say I have never paid attention to the exchange rate.

With the limited amount of coffee that I'm likely to buy onboard over the course of a week, I'll probably just go with my Canadian card too and not worry about the exchange rate.

With the limited amount of coffee that I'm likely to buy onboard over the course of a week, I'll probably just go with my Canadian card too and not worry about the exchange rate.

Sometimes convenience out weights costs. I plan to have at least one if not two per day. I'm addicted.