Belize Caye Caulkner ? can't decide

gamecockinnc

I am taking my son on back to back cruises this summer to celebrate his Highschool graduation. We will be in Belize in early July and want to use Coral Breeze tours again. We are trying to decide between just spending the day on Caye Caulker or doing the excursion where we snorkel and then have about 75 minutes on Caye Caulker.

Since we are doing back to back east first and then west we are trying pace ourselves. I will also admit even though Belize is one of the most spectacular snorkeling spots I have been too I don't plan on snorkeling at this port. Laugh if you want (my hsuband and sons do still) but a run in with a shark in Belize still has me leery about snorkeling (lol)! And I can accompany my son while he snorkels as an observer.

Any feed back or thoughts would be great. I don't want my son to be bored if we just visit Caye Caulker. But it looks as if we can rent kayaks and enjoy the island by golf carts, biking or walking around too.

There is a board dedicated to Belize, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

"Mexican Riviera" refers to the Pacific side of Mexico.

That being said, Belize has some of the best snorkeling in the world, and we have snorkeled all over the world. I would not pass up an opportunity to snorkel in Belize, if you are into snorkeling.

I am taking my son on back to back cruises this summer to celebrate his Highschool graduation. We will be in Belize in early July and want to use Coral Breeze tours again. We are trying to decide between just spending the day on Caye Caulker or doing the excursion where we snorkel and then have about 75 minutes on Caye Caulker.

Since we are doing back to back east first and then west we are trying pace ourselves. I will also admit even though Belize is one of the most spectacular snorkeling spots I have been too I don't plan on snorkeling at this port. Laugh if you want (my hsuband and sons do still) but a run in with a shark in Belize still has me leery about snorkeling (lol)! And I can accompany my son while he snorkels as an observer.

Any feed back or thoughts would be great. I don't want my son to be bored if we just visit Caye Caulker. But it looks as if we can rent kayaks and enjoy the island by golf carts, biking or walking around too.

We just returned and LOVED Caye Caulker. Rent a golf cart and let your son drive. We had a blast just tooling around the island. Ended up at The Split where I would assume your son would be thrilled with the scenery.....if you know what I mean. I did see people at the split snorkeling, SUPing, kayaking. It's a nice place to be in the water. We did not think 3 hrs was long enough, and so we will head back for a full week. I don't think he'd be bored, but I don't know him either.

We just returned and LOVED Caye Caulker. Rent a golf cart and let your son drive. We had a blast just tooling around the island. Ended up at The Split where I would assume your son would be thrilled with the scenery.....if you know what I mean. I did see people at the split snorkeling, SUPing, kayaking. It's a nice place to be in the water. We did not think 3 hrs was long enough, and so we will head back for a full week. I don't think he'd be bored, but I don't know him either.

Did you take the ferry? How did you get to Caye Caulker? I have tried to reach Coral Breeze Tours several times and haven't received an answer and their online calendar doesn't have any dates for July? I don't know if that is due to them just not updating their calendar or time off?

Did you take the ferry? How did you get to Caye Caulker? I have tried to reach Coral Breeze Tours several times and haven't received an answer and their online calendar doesn't have any dates for July? I don't know if that is due to them just not updating their calendar or time off?

We did use Coral Breeze and we just booked the Island Escape, which was basically the boat ride to and from CC. They also set up the Golf Cart rentals for us so they were there when we arrived at CC. It was simple. I booked and heard back immediately from them and had a couple of instances of e-mail contact back and forth with no issues.

We were considering the Ferry, but were concerned with getting back to the ship on time and I know that Coral Breeze is aware of the ships arrivals and departures and they arrange which boat you are on dependent on those times.