Spring Break Cruise - Best time to book

zoicca

Hi.

(Please, no flaming if this question has been asked. I have searched and couldn't find an exact answer to my questions).

I am looking for a cruise out of LA down to Mexico in March 2016 (spring break). Just wondering what the best time to book, in so far as prices? We are not too picky about cabin selection but are price sensitive. Is there a better time to book where we'd perhaps save $? We don't have a particular cruise in mind either. There are 3 or 4 potential cruises, so we're flexible on dates / cruise lines.

Appreciate your input.

Hi.

(Please, no flaming if this question has been asked. I have searched and couldn't find an exact answer to my questions).

I am looking for a cruise out of LA down to Mexico in March 2016 (spring break). Just wondering what the best time to book, in so far as prices? We are not too picky about cabin selection but are price sensitive. Is there a better time to book where we'd perhaps save $? We don't have a particular cruise in mind either. There are 3 or 4 potential cruises, so we're flexible on dates / cruise lines.

Appreciate your input.

I would book now and then check for price drops and specials.

You don't have to pay for the full amount (just a deposit) until final payment time. so if you know when your spring break falls (some schools have a different week off from others), you should go for it. Ask the travel agent you're planning to use if they charge a change or cancellation fee. If so, find a different TA. You can also ask if they will monitor the fares or if you need to (and then get them to ask for an adjustment).

Spring Break varies from school district to school district (LAUSD, the largest school district in the Western US is out in 2016 from March 19-28, inclusive) and from college to college...so the "demand" is spread out over a few weeks...so, it is hard to pinpoint which week will have the greatest demand/highest prices...

You just have to watch the cruise line websites and pick one whose price fits your budget...Then continue to monitor prices...and, if your cruise lowers its price, call your TA or the cruise line and ask for an adjustment...

Good luck...

Which cruise line?

Carnival has Early Saver rate which allows price drops til two days before sailing. It has a $50 non-refundable penalty if cancelled and has a few other rules.

March 12-19 is a Bloggers Cruise on Carnival. About 700 pax are expected to be in that group.

Edited by SadieN

• 1 month later...

For Spring Break we usually book 9 months to a year out. I have a lot more problems getting flights using miles than finding a deal on a cruise. I'd rather have air locked up as soon as I can and prefer to have a cruise already booked. Not sure where you are from.