Escape or pearl

Vacationlover2

Pearl is my favorite ncl ship..i would prefer always a jewel class ship than the mega ships they have built...swimming pools on the escape and getaway are so small for all the people there..pearl is going to be way more relaxed cruise

I don't have kids, but these are things I've seen on this chat board to keep in mind:

1) How old are your kids?

2) What itinerary are you looking at? Depending on itinerary and timing, the Kids' Club could be full to capacity (on school holidays) or practically empty (as it was on our Pearl repo in April). Do your kids do well on their own (in the Kids' Club, of course) or will they want to be with you at all times?

3) What are the amenities on the Escape (ropes course, water slides?). The Pearl is a pretty basic ship, there are only two pools (no separate one for kids that I can recall) and no water slides. There is a rock climbing wall.

4) Inside cabins are pretty small to begin with (we always book them, and it's only DH and me). The extra beds either drop down from the walls, or one bed is on the wall, the other bed is pulled out from under the main bed (and I presume placed at the foot of the bed). It will be pretty cozy in there!

The Escape would have a larger variety of things for the kids to do. And the kids program on the escape would have more other kids (toddlers through teens). And the escape has more parents things to do. We like the mega ships and would suggest the Escape.

I would go Escape and call the upsell # about 1mo prior to cruising to see if could get upgrades. Having room to spread out is priceless(I once had my son roll out of a bunk bed and fall on me, that was NOT relaxing!).

Plus there will be more for your kids to do and more to explore. You can have a lazy day where you just relax and the next day go on the ropes course and repell... Plus there is more of a likelyhood your kids will find others they have something in common with to pall around with on a large ship vice a smaller....

I have not been on Pearl but I have been on Star which is similar. It was nice but seemed like there really was not a ton of things to do onboard. Great for relaxing, not so great for exploring and having more active fun.

I was on the Pearl last year. It is starting to get worn. I know they were supposed to be upgrading but I am not sure if it was done yet. If you are looking for a relaxing trip the Pearl is definitely the better choice. The Pearl no longer has water slides but does have hot tubs and pools