How does MSC celebrate NYE?

wwwfla

been looking for info as well and did find this little tidbit on MSC site for 2015

New Year’s – Dec. 26th departure to Falmouth, Georgetown, Cozumel, Belize City, and Freeport: During this 8-night cruise, MSC Divina will help guests ring in the New Year right. The festivities will start with a special New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner, before guests head up to the pool deck for the ship’s annual New Year’s Eve dance party, complete with themed decorations, a countdown to midnight, and champagne. For those traveling with kids, MSC Cruises is extending the kids club hours and offering babysitting in the kids club for free so that parents can enjoy New Year’s celebrations.

Also found a youtube video:

More info would be great though.

Cheers,

We are on the 12/30 Divina cruise to San Juan, Tortola, and Nassau. NYE is a sea day. Any thoughts on what to expect onboard to bring in 2017?

Thank you!

I'm on Divina 30 Dec but itinerary is San Juan/Grand Turk/Nassau - did they change itinerary without telling me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Of course they do.

? Not sure what this statement refers to riclop.

I'm on Divina 30 Dec but itinerary is San Juan/Grand Turk/Nassau - did they change itinerary without telling me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mine is the same as yours, perhaps a type-O on OP's part. As far as I know the intin. hasn't changed.

Cheers,

been looking for info as well and did find this little tidbit on MSC site for 2015

New Year’s – Dec. 26th departure to Falmouth, Georgetown, Cozumel, Belize City, and Freeport: During this 8-night cruise, MSC Divina will help guests ring in the New Year right. The festivities will start with a special New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner, before guests head up to the pool deck for the ship’s annual New Year’s Eve dance party, complete with themed decorations, a countdown to midnight, and champagne. For those traveling with kids, MSC Cruises is extending the kids club hours and offering babysitting in the kids club for free so that parents can enjoy New Year’s celebrations.

Also found a youtube video:

More info would be great though.

Cheers,

Thank you this is excellent info!

I was wrong about Tortola, in fact Grand Turk was a reason for selecting this cruise. Thanks for the correction.

Thank you this is excellent info!

I was wrong about Tortola, in fact Grand Turk was a reason for selecting this cruise. Thanks for the correction.

Sounds like a fun cruise doesn't it? We haven't been to San Juan or Turks & Caicos so we're really looking forward to this cruise and price is so reasonable too.

Less than 80 days now....

Is it time to start packing yet?

Cheers,

I was on Divina for both Xmas and New Year 2014/15.

New Years Eve was White Night and everyone dressed in white. Prior to midnight all the ships Officers paraded on the pool deck and New Years was counted down on the big screen. The pool deck was PACKED so my advice is get in early to secure a table and chairs

We are boarding MSC Opera on Dec 31st in Havana, Cuba. Really looking forward to this cruise, I have sailed on Opera twice before so I know I will like the ship, but its my first time away from home for NYE. Thanks for the tips Aza.:D

The best thing Divina did on last year's New Year's Eve was at midnight the ship's lights were all turned off and the captain blasted the horn for two solid minutes! It was the coolest thing I have ever experienced on a ship...looking up at all the stars and hearing that horn brought chills to us all!!