Dining attire

cowboycruiser

Very controversial subject. Agree you will get better response on RC board.

RC guidelines still say suit/tux for men and dress/evening type clothes for ladies. In actuality you will see everything from tux to jeans. Guidelines are a suggestion not a requirement.

Personally I think most men wear a jacket/suit, a few tux, long-sleeved shirt and tie with no jacket. You will see some pants and collared shirt and a few jeans. Ladies are usually more dressy with short cocktail dresses or pants/skirts and sparkly tops, or long midi type sundresses.

Dress is definitely less formal than it used to be and shorts not allowed (some people report wearing shorts but risk being asked change). However, my comments are based what I see on the majority - depends on how you feel. I also normally eat on second seating, which I think has less families and more of a dressier crowd.

Thanks for the responses! It seemed that the formality had been trending towards more casual on cruises before our 6 year absence, but 6 years is a long time. I don't think disco lasted that long. :-) ill check the RCL boards as suggested for more specifics. Thanks again!

Yes, you are right. As long as you look nice, you're fine. Nice capris, slacks, sundresses for ladies and nice pants and polo or dress shirts for guys is good every day of the week. You will see people on both ends of the grid. If you stay toward the middle you're good!