Barefoot Cabana

KrisMusc313

any reviews on this place? cant seem to find much info here.

For recent and frequent cruisers, this is where Local Village Food used to be. I haven't been there since LVF closed but maybe someone has tried the food there since the new owner took over.

• 1 month later...

We went to Barefoot Cabana in May and it was lovely. We originally were going to go to Governor's Beach but after walking 30 minutes and arriving to a desolate beach with a few locals hanging around we didn't feel comfortable. It is closed but you can still walk on the beach. No chairs or food. So we walked back past Jack's Shack (overated IMHO).....we came upon Barefoot Cabana and it was very nice. They said we could have a lounge chair and umbrella for free if we drink. Not a problem. We had several drinks and it was far enough down the beach that it wasn't chaos. We are going back in November and going straight to this place again. We do find that every time we stop at GT a bar has closed and another has taken it's place?!

Is this the place that was Local Village Bar for a while?

I'm also not impressed with Jack's. I used to head the opposite direction and go as far away from the pier and Margaritaville activity as possible but when I was there in June, the vast majority of the loungers on the beach were gone. And the helicopter tours were buzzing overhead every 30 minutes or so. :(

I never, ever just stay on the ship but I've been to GT on the past 5 or 6 cruises. I don't want noise and blaring music and a party. I just want somewhere to sit and relax and have a drink.

This was either the Local Village Bar or the Crew Bar at one time. We used to go to the Crew Bar which was nice. This was not crowded when we were in port in May but Pride was the only ship docked. I wish they would fix the beach to the right of the dock when you get off. It is so rocky and not nice at all. They have tons of chairs set up but it's empty due to the beach conditions. So we will sit in front of Barefoot until something better comes along:)

Like I said, I used to go down the other direction and there were tons of chairs but there couldn't have been more than two dozen when I was there (first week of June). Good thing I was off the ship fairly early since we were the 2nd ship to arrive and there was a crowd. I got one of the last available loungers.

I'm not a swimmer but don't care for the beach on either side of the pier.

Unfortunately, we'll again be arriving an hour after another ship (Westerdam) and if they haven't replenished the seating down at the southern end, we'll be looking for somewhere to spend a little time.

This may be a good option. If we walk down there and it's crowded or noisy, we can just head back to the ship and hang out on the Serenity deck.

• 2 weeks later...
This used to be Local Village Bar, you can find reviews on TripAdvisor. I like it and will go back on my next stop in Grand Turk

Just remember that it's no longer ran by Arthur. But recent reviews do seem to be good, at least for prices and loungers.