Question for Bonnie re shore excursions

roaming_kiwi58

Wondering whether Bonnie can clear up my confusion over shore excursions in the Caribbean, on Azamara Quest in December 2016, please?

We are booked back to back on the 1 December and 19 December sailings and I have several questions.

Azamara Quest leaving Miami 1 December

There is a shore excursion CZ4R The Tulum Mayan Ruins Express, which is listed for 4 December, from Cozumel, departing at 7am. But the ship does not arrive in Cozumel until 8pm on the 4th? Does this tour actually operate from Playa del Carmen on the 4th, or from Cozumel on the 5th?

Azamara Quest leaving Miami 19 December

There is a shore excursion MI60 Everglades Eco-Adventure listed for embarkation day 19 December. Is it safe to assume this is an option for people doing B2B on the 1 December and the 19 December sailings? In the shore excursions for the 1 December cruise there are options on the 19th with airport dropoffs. This one, MI60, is listed on the 19 December sailing. But it does not say it returns to the ship, and intended for B2B passengers. A little more information in the description would be helpful.

I have seen other cruises with shore excursions for B2B passengers, but they have all been listed under the first of the 2 cruises, rather than the second, and state clearly that they are for B2B passengers.

Also, I assume there may be more shore excursions for these cruises to be loaded, as there are still several days showing no excursions at all? ie 4 Dec ex Playa del Carmen, 9 Dec Colon, 7 Dec San Andres Island, 12 Dec Oranjestad.

Clarification on all these matters would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Wondering whether Bonnie can clear up my confusion over shore excursions in the Caribbean, on Azamara Quest in December 2016, please?

We are booked back to back on the 1 December and 19 December sailings and I have several questions.

Azamara Quest leaving Miami 1 December

There is a shore excursion CZ4R The Tulum Mayan Ruins Express, which is listed for 4 December, from Cozumel, departing at 7am. But the ship does not arrive in Cozumel until 8pm on the 4th? Does this tour actually operate from Playa del Carmen on the 4th, or from Cozumel on the 5th?

Azamara Quest leaving Miami 19 December

There is a shore excursion MI60 Everglades Eco-Adventure listed for embarkation day 19 December. Is it safe to assume this is an option for people doing B2B on the 1 December and the 19 December sailings? In the shore excursions for the 1 December cruise there are options on the 19th with airport dropoffs. This one, MI60, is listed on the 19 December sailing. But it does not say it returns to the ship, and intended for B2B passengers. A little more information in the description would be helpful.

I have seen other cruises with shore excursions for B2B passengers, but they have all been listed under the first of the 2 cruises, rather than the second, and state clearly that they are for B2B passengers.

Also, I assume there may be more shore excursions for these cruises to be loaded, as there are still several days showing no excursions at all? ie 4 Dec ex Playa del Carmen, 9 Dec Colon, 7 Dec San Andres Island, 12 Dec Oranjestad.

Clarification on all these matters would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

several of us on the RC are wondering the same thing. For Aruba I might be book private.I think you can get to the ruins from Playa.. but at this point the missing ports are a huge guess. it is rare there are planned tours for B2B guest. it has happened but not in Mia yet or some major cities. I do hope yuo are reading the RC as someone might still set up a private tour or two for a port.

I notice that tour MI60 has disappeared from the 19 December sailing Land Discoveries brochure.

what port and what tour? I never remember numbers just what i booked.

Bonnie all of dec cruises have ports with no tours.. the cruisers need answers.

MI60 is the tour I talked about in post #1. Looked like it was meant for B2B cruisers. They are offering options on 19 December with airport dropoffs, don't see why these same options can't have port dropoffs added for the B2Bers?

I feel the same way in general. Not in all ports. Mia I will just go to Bsyside.. It is a mall about five minutes taxi from ship. What do you want to do? I lived there and have a general idea what to do. One place is a lovely historical home about 15 minutes away. Maybe 20.

Love NZ.

They seem to be canceling tour due to lack of interest this summer so who knows.

Edited by ellbon

Thanks Bonnie - I will await the response with interest.

ellbon - I have seen B2B tours for a number of Azamara sailings. Yes, I have seen the roll call for December Caribbean.

If I put together a private snorkel tour on Aruba, would you be interested? I think we would need at least 8 people...waiting to hear back from my contact.

Edited by midwestchick

• 1 month later...

I have been away travelling for 6 weeks (including a lacklustre Oceania cruise! Looking forward to be back on Azamara in December!) so have just checked back to see where this is at.

I notice some changes have been made to the shore excursions, which answers a lot of my original queries. Also the itinerary which used to show Playa del Carmen on 4 Dec is now showing Cozumel on 4 December. And the docked period at Colon on 9 December has disappeared from the itinerary, so this explains the lack of excursions for Colon!

But still have some questions....

Are there going to be excursions on 4 December for Cozumel? Currently only the Azamazing Evening is showing for this day.

Cartagena was previously showing as in port 1.30pm to 8.00pm. Now the itinerary is showing 9.00am to 10.00pm. But all the shore excursions are showing as if it is still just an afternoon visit. Are these excursions going to change to fit the new itinerary? Are there going to be any new, longer, ones?

Will there be any shore ex for B2B passengers on 19 December? Don't quite get why, if they can do tours for passengers leaving the ship, with an airport dropoff, they can't also do a dropoff back at the ship? (In this instance I am particularly interested in an Everglades option ship-to-ship).

At what point are the published excursions for these two cruises likely to be finalised? (Bearing in mind, I know they can always be subject to some sort of change.)

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been away travelling for 6 weeks (including a lacklustre Oceania cruise! Looking forward to be back on Azamara in December!) so have just checked back to see where this is at.

I notice some changes have been made to the shore excursions, which answers a lot of my original queries. Also the itinerary which used to show Playa del Carmen on 4 Dec is now showing Cozumel on 4 December. And the docked period at Colon on 9 December has disappeared from the itinerary, so this explains the lack of excursions for Colon!

But still have some questions....

Are there going to be excursions on 4 December for Cozumel? Currently only the Azamazing Evening is showing for this day.

Cartagena was previously showing as in port 1.30pm to 8.00pm. Now the itinerary is showing 9.00am to 10.00pm. But all the shore excursions are showing as if it is still just an afternoon visit. Are these excursions going to change to fit the new itinerary? Are there going to be any new, longer, ones?

Will there be any shore ex for B2B passengers on 19 December? Don't quite get why, if they can do tours for passengers leaving the ship, with an airport dropoff, they can't also do a dropoff back at the ship? (In this instance I am particularly interested in an Everglades option ship-to-ship).

At what point are the published excursions for these two cruises likely to be finalised? (Bearing in mind, I know they can always be subject to some sort of change.)

Thanks.

Hi Bonnie,

Any update?

Thanks.