Aft balcony stateroom

I just booked the Oct 3rd sailing on the Carnival Freedom for my best friend's bday. She doesn't know I booked the aft balcony and I have never stayed in one during a cruise. How has booked one and did you enjoy it?

Are you talking about an aft-extended that overlooks the wake or a side facing balcony on the back 1/3 of the ship?

I love the aft extended balconies, I will book those rooms every time it is just me and DW cruising.

Are you talking about an aft-extended that overlooks the wake or a side facing balcony on the back 1/3 of the ship?

I love the aft extended balconies, I will book those rooms every time it is just me and DW cruising.

Yes the aft extended balcony is the o e we booked. We're super excited!

We had a aft balcony on the Freedom when she was doing the Med run a few years ago. We happened to be in Istanbul and were on the balcony to listen to the last call to pray of the day when a group of limosines came down the dock and the Queen of England got out of one to go on a yacht docked behind us. We would never have seen this had we not been on the aft balcony. Plus they offer a great view of everything at once, can be a little warm at times but the view makes up for it.

Make sure your cabin includes a sofa and coffee table. The Breeze and Sunshine don't have these amenities in the ext afts next to the aft wraps on both sides on Deck 7. This makes these cabins much smaller and almost claustrophobic. I was on the Breeze 2 years ago and had the smaller aft ext. The balcony is amazing, but the cabin was significantly smaller. Some of these ext afts also have the TVs over the bed, forcing you to watch tv, facing the headboard. I ran into this problem again when booking the Sunshine last week. Called my new PVP and she said the ext afts next to the wraps on Deck 7 were smaller, with no sofa or coffee table. I booked the cabin next to these end ext afts. Not all ships or decks have these problems. So if a bigger ext aft with a sofa and table are important to you, check with Carnival on your cabin configuration. Just looking at room pictures on line will give you a general picture, not one specific to your cabin. This will be my 5th ext aft and I ran into this problem on my last Breeze cruise, and again on the Susnhine booking. I will always call Carnival and ask for the specific cabin layout before I book an ext aft. I want a bed, a sofa with a coffee table and the ext aft balcony. Good luck. I did not have these problems previously on the Spirit, Miracle or Valor.

We have an aft extended balcony booked for December on the Glory. WE had one a couple of years ago on the Disney Dream and loved it. I don't think it will be quite as big but we are all looking forward to it.

This was the balcony on the Dream.

IMG_9350_zps568f9185.jpg

Last year we had an aft facing extended balcony on the Breeze, deck 6, next to the wrap around balcony. On deck 6 they had a sofa and coffee table in the room and it was the same size as regular balcony rooms. We really enjoyed it, but it was hot!