Liberty and Saint Kitts

k9_Cop

We are in Puerto Rico getting ready to get on the Liberty tomorrow, and received an email from Carnival saying that due to a bow thruster bring down and working being done at the port area Saint Kitts will be skipped. Luckily we won't be hitting up Dominica, we are going to Antigua.

Pretty sure we lucked out on that deal.

There was a guy who posted yesterday while on the ship- they went to Dominca for sure. I sail next Sunday and sure hope the thrusters are fixed BUT I doubt it. I forget what ship it was awhile back but they went all season with the thrusters not working. Please let us know where you really end up:)

I am on the May 3 sailing and haven't gotten word yet from Carnival about our itinerary.

I did ask John Heald and he said that we would port somewhere and it would not be an extra sea day, so at least we know something. :D

I am on the May 3 sailing and haven't gotten word yet from Carnival about our itinerary.

I did ask John Heald and he said that we would port somewhere and it would not be an extra sea day, so at least we know something. :D

There is so much wrong information going around. PVPs are saying Antigua... Some are saying Dominica and then the Carnival page says just this week is going to Antigua and we will resume the regular itinerary. I wish they would keep us in the loop with what is going on. I hate that I have had my cruise planned for months and am 3 weeks away from my vacation and now don't know if it's St Kitts, Dominica or Antigua! I have been doing research on St Kitts for months. I am so lost! I hope we get an email this week with the truth!

There was a guy who posted yesterday while on the ship- they went to Dominca for sure. I sail next Sunday and sure hope the thrusters are fixed BUT I doubt it. I forget what ship it was awhile back but they went all season with the thrusters not working. Please let us know where you really end up:)

We will be sailing with you next weekend. Safe Travels!!

May 10'th cruiser here.. I also hope we don't go to Dominica. The day before we are at St. Lucia which is basically a Lush island of waterfalls, volcanoes and pretty much the exact same activities you will see in Dominica making it redundant in a 24 hour span. The beaches in Dominica are probably the worst out of all the ports Liberty would be stopping at. Antigua with 5 star beaches would be a major upgrade in comparison. Going to the beach in Antigua on the last minute is far easier than trying to book activities in Dominica without confirmation you will actually be there.

Well when we were about to get on the ship yesterday everyone was given a letter stating that we are going to Antigua and it was also confirmed by our CD. Ill be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

I cruise on the Liberty on May 3rd. I just called Carnival 10 minutes ago and asked where are we going? The CS lady I spoke to said we are going to St Kitts. She did confirm the thruster issue. She also said Carnival can change the port at any time. If that is the case they send out emails and call cruise passengers. I have been to St Kitts and loved the Brimstone Fortress BUT the beaches in Antigua look AMAZING! My vote is for Antigua.

Edited by nator555

I am so skeptical on this right now. Today on my roll call, people received literally 7 different answers from carnival from emails to over the phone to social media. One rep even told a girl she had no idea where we were getting information on missing St Kitts at all. I am waiting to see what happens next Friday!