Free Internet on Majesty

When I booked the Majesty they still had the free internet offer. I know they canceled it unless you booked before March 15. So I should be good, but how will I know it's free when I get onboard. Also do you get the surf and stream or just the stream?

When I booked the Majesty they still had the free internet offer. I know they canceled it unless you booked before March 15. So I should be good, but how will I know it's free when I get onboard. Also do you get the surf and stream or just the stream?

When we were on Majesty last month, the VOOM sign-up page had a choice of a 24-hour package for free. The only downside was that you had to sign up for that package every 24-hours, and you would get cut off at the 24-hour mark.

I don't recall which speed we were given.

Someone said at one time if you had booked by March ,there was a card in your room upon arrival

We have printed the announcement that's was on CC site and are bring it with us. If you booked before March 15th Internet is free (link below).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6903&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=News&UTM_Content=Royal

Edited by mooseman52b

Why would royal care what was on cc? I can't see where printing that would do anything for you

"To honor the previously advertised perk, Royal Caribbean is offering complimentary Internet to all passengers on Majesty of the Seas cruises departing May 15 to July 1, 2016. In addition, passengers who booked a Majesty of the Seas cruise on or before March 15 for a sailing departing anytime on or after May 15, 2016, will also receive free Internet. "

And the reason for your response to my post is :confused:

"To honor the previously advertised perk, Royal Caribbean is offering complimentary Internet to all passengers on Majesty of the Seas cruises departing May 15 to July 1, 2016. In addition, passengers who booked a Majesty of the Seas cruise on or before March 15 for a sailing departing anytime on or after May 15, 2016, will also receive free Internet. "

And the reason for your response to my post is :confused:

Probably because the article in your link, from which you quoted above, was published on CC's website, not Royal's. It's hearsay. If there was a dispute, you would need something taken directly from Royal's website.

Not trying to be a ass or anything, but just trying to tell you a printed article from cc is not going to carry any weight with Royal.

I hope you have no issues with the free internet, I am in the same situation but a article from cc is as official as a letter from me.

Just trying to help ,that was the reason for my response

I was in the Majesty of the Seas sailing departing 25th July - we booked in January. When we checked in each person in the party received a card with an access code giving us free internet for the entire sailing. We didn't have to ask for these - all worked very well.

Our first cruise and we loved it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same thing here.

It's always better to be over prepared :) We have dealt with cruise ship customer service in the past. The free Internet card may not be in the room (have had this issue with on board credits). The guest services staff may have just come aboard. I want whatever backup documentation I can bring with me (legally binding or not).

Edited by mooseman52b

Not trying to be a ass or anything, but just trying to tell you a printed article from cc is not going to carry any weight with Royal.

I hope you have no issues with the free internet, I am in the same situation but a article from cc is as official as a letter from me.

I also carried the same print out from CC when I sailed Majesty on July 4. While that article is not official the original info in it came from RCI and was accurate.

My worry was that a crew member would be uninformed about the policy and its certainly better than standing there saying "I heard we get free internet" I never saw it printed on Royals website and the cruise planner tried to sell me an internet package right up to the sailing date.

On the ship it was not a problem since they knew about it and honored that policy..

A days ago I had this same conversation with RC who told me I had to speak with internet agency I booked with. I did and they contacted RC and the internet free package will be on my expense account once I board in September.