Lost Camera aboard Conquest 4/24 - 4/30 cruise

To all CC:

Apparently, that first DOD is very strong and I put down our Sony DSC-WX9 point and shoot camera down on the lido deck the first day of our cruise (April 24th). After I realized I didn't have it on me, I made my way back to the lido deck to search, but did not find it.

I checked in with guest services every day, but nobody turned anything in.

So, please, if you were on that cruise and know of someone who picked up a camera that did not belong to them, please let me know. It didn't have a lot of monetary value, but we had driven down to Key West a day earlier and had some photos from there on the camera.

Just wanting to get our photos back.

Thanks.

This may give you a little hope. My dad left his jacket with his cell phone in the pocket in the Library on around the 2nd day of the cruise. He went back and it was gone. He checked with guest services every day. He figured for sure it was gone for good. He wasn't worried about the jacket but was worried someone would use the phone. About a week after we got home Carnival called an d said they had the jacket and phone. They offered to send the phone at their expense or both at my parents. We had already replaced his phone so he just told them that they could donate both. The best we could figure was that a staff picked it up during the cruise and never got around to turn it in to the official 'lost and found' until after our cruise. Guest services told him that many times the stuff shows up 'later'. Good Luck!!!

Hi hate to be a "Debby downer" but if you checked daily with the ship and no luck, you will never see that camera or photos again.

I mean, you want someone here to report someone who picked up a camera that might not have been theirs, report it to you, without knowing who took it, and somehow you will get it back?

Shop for a new camera.

Sorry, I do not mean to be offensive, but in the future you REALLY need to watch out for this equipment, as no one will pick it up by accident. It will be stolen. Otherwise, someone might turn it in to the ship's lost and found. Apparently this was not done.

Hi hate to be a "Debby downer" but if you checked daily with the ship and no luck, you will never see that camera or photos again.

I mean, you want someone here to report someone who picked up a camera that might not have been theirs, report it to you, without knowing who took it, and somehow you will get it back?

Shop for a new camera.

Sorry, I do not mean to be offensive, but in the future you REALLY need to watch out for this equipment, as no one will pick it up by accident. It will be stolen. Otherwise, someone might turn it in to the ship's lost and found. Apparently this was not done.

Thanks Debbie. Yes, our thought is that was an inconsiderate shipmate or crew member who picked it up. Just putting it out there in case someone was HONEST and might want to do the right thing. However, based on the demographics of our cruise, there is a 99.99999% chance that someone procured it for their own use. And, yes, I am checking ebay to see if someone is trying to sell it. After all, they didn't have the charger and the camera would have been useless to them after a couple of days.

I am so sorry for the loss of your camera and your photos, but I can empathize. I had my nearly new Minolta SLR stolen on Day 3 of a RCI cruise in the late 1980's from the quite posh piano lounge on an upper deck.

I broke my foot (thought it was just sprained) after snorkeling on an RCI private island. Limped back to the tender, went straight to the bar and had a couple of stiff drinks (rarely drank then). While the pain was greatly reduced, in my brain fog, I forgot all about my camera bag. After dinner that night, I reported it to Guest Services, but the camera never was returned.

That was my first SLR and I had saved for almost a year to buy it, but I also had canisters of undeveloped film in the bag. Those pics were the biggest heartbreaking loss.

If it's any consolation, my Homeowner's Insurance paid replacement value for the camera/lenses (after deductible). Now Homeowner's Insurance has greatly changed since those days (more greedy?), but you might want to ask anyway.

It really dampers the remaining days of a cruise knowing that you are sailing with a thief, but I comfort myself by believing in Karma.

I am so sorry for the loss of your camera and your photos, but I can empathize. I had my nearly new Minolta SLR stolen on Day 3 of a RCI cruise in the late 1980's from the quite posh piano lounge on an upper deck.

I broke my foot (thought it was just sprained) after snorkeling on an RCI private island. Limped back to the tender, went straight to the bar and had a couple of stiff drinks (rarely drank then). While the pain was greatly reduced, in my brain fog, I forgot all about my camera bag. After dinner that night, I reported it to Guest Services, but the camera never was returned.

That was my first SLR and I had saved for almost a year to buy it, but I also had canisters of undeveloped film in the bag. Those pics were the biggest heartbreaking loss.

If it's any consolation, my Homeowner's Insurance paid replacement value for the camera/lenses (after deductible). Now Homeowner's Insurance has greatly changed since those days (more greedy?), but you might want to ask anyway.

It really dampers the remaining days of a cruise knowing that you are sailing with a thief, but I comfort myself by believing in Karma.

Yes, my wife and I both cursed it and hope that whomever took it has bad luck for a very long time.

However, based on the demographics of our cruise, there is a 99.99999% chance that someone procured it for their own use.

So sorry you lost the camera - always one of my fears. The first photo I take each cruise is of our luggage tag in case I lose it, we could be identified by that photo.

I was one of the "demographics" on your cruise - if I had seen it, I would have taken it to guest services!

To all CC:

Apparently, that first DOD is very strong and I put down our Sony DSC-WX9 point and shoot camera down on the lido deck the first day of our cruise (April 24th). After I realized I didn't have it on me, I made my way back to the lido deck to search, but did not find it.

I checked in with guest services every day, but nobody turned anything in.

So, please, if you were on that cruise and know of someone who picked up a camera that did not belong to them, please let me know. It didn't have a lot of monetary value, but we had driven down to Key West a day earlier and had some photos from there on the camera.

Just wanting to get our photos back.

Thanks.

This won't help you now, but my first photo in my camera is my name, phone #, name of ship & dates of cruise. Therefore, if someone FINDS the camera, they have some info. I might start including my address so if they plan on keeping the camera, they can at least send me the card with all of the photos on them.

I use a camera all day for my job. I wear it on a lanyard around my neck. Yeah, it's heavy and a PITA, but it's handy when I need it, it won't hit the ground if it slips out of my hand, I always know where it's at and if someone really wants it they'll have to snatch pretty hard on the lanyard to trip the breakaway clip. They're welcome to the camera, but I'll hurt them for the memory card because I'm not re-doing a days work with no pics. LOL

So you're praying they get the Keys2Hell over a camera. Roger that.

No, not saying that. But, you know what they say about karma.

Someone took something that did not belong to them and did not turn it into guest services. So, yes, I hope this object is very unlucky for them as long as it remains in their possession.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Hi KeysHeaven:

I'm sorry you lost your camera. I was on a Carnival Cruise in 2012, the cabins were not ready when we boarded the ship so I headed up to Lido for lunch. I had a carry-on bag, a tote bag and a pocketbook, I couldn't wait to sit down, I sat down at a table to find a nice Nikon Camera sitting on the table, I knew it isn't mine. I decided not to touch it, but just sit there until the owner came looking for it. Within 15 minutes a man walked up and very nasty "that's my camera!" I said ok, go ahead and take it, It's not mine, I was just waiting for the someone to come and claim it.

While he was so nasty and didn't say thank you. If I wanted it I could have put in my tote bag and left! What would I have gained from ruining someone vacation! and taking something that was not mine!

I had a small Canon camera which was just fine. I do hope someone turns it in.

Hi KeysHeaven:

I'm sorry you lost your camera. I was on a Carnival Cruise in 2012, the cabins were not ready when we boarded the ship so I headed up to Lido for lunch. I had a carry-on bag, a tote bag and a pocketbook, I couldn't wait to sit down, I sat down at a table to find a nice Nikon Camera sitting on the table, I knew it isn't mine. I decided not to touch it, but just sit there until the owner came looking for it. Within 15 minutes a man walked up and very nasty "that's my camera!" I said ok, go ahead and take it, It's not mine, I was just waiting for the someone to come and claim it.

While he was so nasty and didn't say thank you. If I wanted it I could have put in my tote bag and left! What would I have gained from ruining someone vacation! and taking something that was not mine!

I had a small Canon camera which was just fine. I do hope someone turns it in.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Apparently, someone didn't care if they affected our cruise in a negative way.

A tip I learned some time ago:

Write out your name, email addy, and phone number on an index card. Take a picture of it with the camera you're using for the cruise. All this information will be immediately available to anyone finding your camera. If I know it I even put my cabin number on it. I know, it doesn't help with thieves, but to honest people it's helpful in finding the owner.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk