Has anyone cruised Alaska on more than 1 line?

Flamingo15

I'm researching Alaska cruises for a group trip next summer, will be doing a land/sea tour. I've read the reviews for various cruise lines individually from cruisers plus what travel editors have written. Can anyone compare Princess and NCL for Alaska, have you been on both?

We've done Princess and HAL to Alaska. Both have been doing cruise/land tours there for a long time and both offer a similar and very good (IMO) product. Both offer a large variety of land tour options. We've been on NCL a few times but only once since they became "Freestyle". Not so happy with the onboard experience but can't voice an opinion on Alaska land tour packages.

Princess four times, RCI once, our latest.

RCI did not stop in Ketchikan. Only Juneau and Skagway. My travel agent (my husband LOL) did not notice this when he booked the cruise. We didhave a full day in Victoria where the similar Princess cruise was only there for a few hours.

We did the land tours twice. We probably wouldn't do one again.

Thought I would jump in on this thread also. Looking for options on RCL or Princess to Alaska from Seattle.

Have done one Princess cruise many years ago, and have been on Royal most recently.

Also looking for the best company to book through. For our last two trips, we have not had to find the best agent for booking.

Edited by matthewthamm
Added question

I'm researching Alaska cruises for a group trip next summer, will be doing a land/sea tour. I've read the reviews for various cruise lines individually from cruisers plus what travel editors have written. Can anyone compare Princess and NCL for Alaska, have you been on both?

Wish I could help, but our two have been on Regent and Silversea.