AA - Embraer RJ-175

Gsel

Would appreciate some info regarding this aircraft. We are booked on a 3 hour (!!) trip on this aircraft and AA has refused to let us use our miles to book FC seats. Right now we are booked in Economy and are standby for FC. Our flight is not until October. Would it be worth it to go ahead and pay to upgrade to Premium Economy? I have a very bad back and arthritis and would hate to take the chance of spending 3 hours in a cramped seat (I am very tall with long legs). Have never flown on this type of aircraft and need some advice!

Thanks!

With AA's new methodology, it is highly unlikely you will be upgraded to FC unless you platinum or above. Gold has a 25% or less chance typically.

Several factors weigh into this so I won't get into a long conversation on them. However, in today's market, if you want a FC seat, it's just best to pay for it and move on.

For accuracy, AA does not have Premium Economy seating on its flights. It has Economy seating with extra leg room. For a three hour flight, one of those seats is well worth the money. Pay for it now, while they last!