Hotel in Vancouver for August 19 Sailing

Buffalo Boaters

We are taking a "red eye flight" from Wisconsin to Vancouver leaving the 18th of August and arriving in the early hours of the 19th. We can board our ship around 1:00 pm on the 19th. We are undecided about getting a hotel at the airport or traveling public transportation to a hotel close to the cruise port. The expense of few hours in a hotel room seems a waste. Ideas for storing luggage or other tips much appreciated!:)

We are taking a "red eye flight" from Wisconsin to Vancouver leaving the 18th of August and arriving in the early hours of the 19th. We can board our ship around 1:00 pm on the 19th. We are undecided about getting a hotel at the airport or traveling public transportation to a hotel close to the cruise port. The expense of few hours in a hotel room seems a waste. Ideas for storing luggage or other tips much appreciated!:)

Not sure what time you arrive in Vancouver, but assume around 5 or 6 AM. Recommend taking a taxi, you don't save much taking the Skyrail.

The cruise terminal is located in the same building as the Pan Pacific Hotel. The hotel is a little expensive. It runs over $400 Canadian per night. You could check with the hotel to see if you could check your luggage early, even if you aren't staying at the hotel. You could walk around the city from the Pan Pacific for a few hours. Not sure what a day rate would be?

Doing a check on Expedia... is your flight arriving at 12:18am? Hotel check in at 1:30am? I can appreciate 6 to 7 hours of sleep instead of wandering around the airport/town.

Looking at booking.com in USD for one night.

Airport hotels?

• $143 Travelodge
  • $153 Coast Vancouver Airport (halfway to the cruise terminal)
  • $163 Accent Inn
  • $169 Days Inn
  • $210 Holiday Inn Express
  • $220 Radisson Vancouver Airport (subway to cruise terminal across the street in the morning)

Downtown Vancouver hotels

• $162 Empire Landmark
  • $441 Pan Pacific » you sleep above the cruise terminal

I would crash at the Coast, Radisson Vancouver Airport or the Empire Landmark.

Thanks, wonderful advice! I had some of these ideas but I just did not know. We do get in at that time. I did contact the Accent and they charge $195 for a night which includes airport shuttle and transfer to the cruise port. I do like the idea of staying at the Raddison and did not know about the subway. Again, thank you for your research!:)

Priceline has an Express Deal for a 3-star airport hotel for $88. You won't know which hotel until you book, but it's the same category as the Holiday Inn and the Accent Inn.