St Petersburg Tour

shyla100

We used a private tour through St. Petersburg Best Tours (SPB). There are many reviews on Tripadvisor. We had a 1 day walking tour with a guide and a 1 day driving tour with the same guide, car, and driver. We set up desired itinerary and they made further suggestions and we got exactly what we wanted. If you have any idea of what sort of things you want they can help put together a reasonable plan.

The guide was Svetlana and she was top notch. Good English and quite well informed. The car was very comfortable. I don't remember the cost but it was nominal.

If you need a referral coupon for Seabourn email me at wdpmd @ yahoo . Com (remove spaces).

Dave

I second the recommendation for SPB. We arranged three days with them and I was impressed with not only how much ground we covered but also how well the three days were carefully planned and paced. I don't think there was a single major (top ten list) thing that we did not see. On top of that, we enjoyed three days of delicious Russian lunches and skillfully slid around the larger ship tours (even those of Seabourn) in lines at major sites.

Another vote for spb. Viktoria takes great care of everyone who books with her company. Guides are amazing and we learned that her vehicles were larger and more comfortable than those of other companies (for same number of occupants)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never take a ships tour in St Petersburg.

A private guide is the only way to get around the lines and see much more than you would on a ships tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Completely agree, don't take a ships tour, they are outrageously priced and you won't get the personalized service of a private tour. We used SPB Tours for 3 days, saved a fortune and had a wonderful experience, tailored to our particular requirements.

Thank you all so much for that information I will do as advised also when I have paid the balance I will contact WDPMD for the coupon ,once again thank you.

When you are doing all of this for the first time ,any assistance and tips are so helpful.

shyla100, My husband and I used Anastasia Travel for two days in St. Petersburg while on the Crystal Symphony (We're taking our first Seabourn cruise in January, so I've been jumping around the CC boards!). A private tour is a great way to go because you can tailor your days to what you want to see. Here's the link:

http://anastasia.travel/

Also here are links to my blog posts from St. Petersburg. They may help with your planning and give you an idea of what is realistic in a day. It's an incredible city with an overwhelming amount of things to see:

http://www.themodernpostcard.com/st-petersburg-day-1-pastel-palaces-fabulous-fountains-river-neva/

http://www.themodernpostcard.com/st-petersburg-day-2-hermitage-church-spilled-blood-st-isaacs-cathedral/

Happy Planning...It's a fabulous itinerary!

Mary

Travel Blog: http://www.themodernpostcard.com