Royal Caribbean vs. Norwegian

jltooter

Last January my wife and I cruised on the Norwegian Dawn from New Orleans (7days) and really enjoyed it. We are considering using Royal Caribbean this year from Tampa. Chime in on your comparisons. One thing we liked on NCL was that there was ALWAYS a lounge chair available by the pools. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on both lines several times and I think RCI is a superior line to NCL. All lines nickel and dime, but RCI is nowhere near as bad as NCL. Plus, I think RCI's ships are better, service is better and policies are better.

Take that RCI cruise. I think you'll be impressed.

I've been on both lines several times and I think RCI is a superior line to NCL. All lines nickel and dime, but RCI is nowhere near as bad as NCL. Plus, I think RCI's ships are better, service is better and policies are better.

Take that RCI cruise. I think you'll be impressed.

Aquahound, I've been totally uninterested in RCI. But I HAVE always enjoyed your knowledgable law-enforcement posts. =D So you've got my attention. NCL's policies do irritate me, but here's what I like:

--Solo facilities

--good buffet

--kid-free thermal suite

--good production shows.

Any recs for an RC ship? I've considered Anthem due to the solo cabins, but its weird luck with weather and such has me a little spooked. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by AdoraBelle

Well, thank you AdoraBelle. That's very sweet. :)

You make good points about NCL.

While the OP wouldn't get one of RCIs flag ships out of Tampa, if they were to try Freedom, Oasis or Quantum Classes, they would be blown away by entertainment. As would you, I think. The Broadway shows on board are amazing.

I most recommend Oasis Class. They're still set apart from other ships and lines.

We are looking at the Rhapsody of the Seas cruise in January out of Tampa. Any input on lounge chair availability? We are really into Vegas-style entertainment and plenty of live music during the cruise. NCL had all of that. However I've heard that RCI is still better. Lol. I'm so confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rhapsody is one of RC's older, smaller ships. Be careful that you don't try to compare it to one of the big, newer ships with lots of whistles and bells.

Never had a problem on any RC ship getting a chair on any RC ship. You might not find one front row, pool side, but overall there are chairs available.

we have sailed on both and we like RC any day over Norwegian .

We haven't sailed Royal Caribbean in years - but our last NCL cruise left us with a bad taste in our mouth. There were so many issues on the ship we were not happy, but the ports were great. Considering trying RC again. The company we book with always has great deals with NCL so that has been the way we tend to go. Anyone have any good resources for booking RC cruises? ~Joyce