Sprint Global Roaming at sea

ElizabethE26

Hey everyone. I'm curious about the new Sprint Global Roaming international plan.

According to sprint.com, "Sprint Global Roaming includes data with up to 2G speeds and texting in any of our Sprint Global Roaming countries at no charge with voice calling for just $.20/min."

I don't plan on talking on the phone while on vacation, but I would like to be able to access the internet and text. My question is, does this plan work while on the ship? Or only while at port?

I've attached a screen capture of what I found on Sprint.com. I'm guessing these are the costs for when on board (I guess the free 2G internet is totally inaccessible on board).

Sprint.jpg.647fd045d4644eff7191e39fd5a03ae1.jpg

The rates you screen captured are the common rates for use of just about any cell phone plan on a cruise ship. One or two phone companies have started cruising plans, but guess Sprint is not one of them.

So, I wouldn't get the Sprint plan, as it doesn't appear to work with cruise ships.

You will only be able to use the Sprint Global Roaming on land. We have taken advantage of this on our last few trips to both South American and Europe. It works well with texts and google maps. Speed is too slow to really download anything, even emails with graphics. The rates do not apply when you are on the ship. My husband forgot to put his phone back on airline mode upon returning to the ship. The next day he turned on his phone while still on the ship and some emails automatically downloaded. We were surprised with the bill for cruise ship data use upon our return 😱