More for less escape pass

lopar

On my booking I can see various drinks packages listed but am a bit confused by this one as I don't think any of the drinks are this cheap? It doesn't help that my cruise will leave from Genoa and be priced in euros!

MORE FOR LESS ESCAPE PASS

18 vouchers valid for the following drinks: all cocktails with the price up to US$ 4.80 - wine by the glass with the price up to US$ 4.00 - draft and bottled beer - ciders and spirit coolers - spirits with the price up to US$ 3.90 - all soft drinks including non-alcoholic cocktails - all coffee based drinks - take away ice cream in a cup or cone

I've tried emailing customer services but have had 2 different answers which don't actually talk about the prices of drinks or whether this is a mis-print. Any ideas?

There's also cocktail vouchers listed:

12 vouchers for alcoholic cocktails of your choice selected from our Drink Lists

There's no price listed so are these the ones that aren't asterisked on the menus I've seen posted?

All help appreciated!

Hi......I'm not sure if pricing is the same for all ships, etc, but I just contacted our TA and he responded the below for our Divina cruise departing from Miami January 2017. I hope this helps. Hopefully someone at MSC will be able to answer this question for you about your specific cruise........

More for less escape pass covers specialty coffee drinks (all) Soda (all) Gelato (all) Beers (all) wine by the glass and cocktails valued up to $7.50

Hi Bret......are you saying that the MORE FOR LESS ESCAPE PASS will cover cocktails higher than the $7.50 my TA said it could cover? I hope so!!

Ignore the prices you listed. They are not correct. As you stated, the MORE FOR LESS ESCAPE PASS will cover anything that does not have a red asterisk on the menus you have seen.

Bret

I think it was unofficially raised to $8 but generally they go by those red asterisks. Or lack thereof.

I was told $8 as well. Will they let you pay the difference if you order something more expensive?

On my booking I can see various drinks packages listed but am a bit confused by this one as I don't think any of the drinks are this cheap? It doesn't help that my cruise will leave from Genoa and be priced in euros!

MORE FOR LESS ESCAPE PASS

18 vouchers valid for the following drinks: all cocktails with the price up to US$ 4.80 - wine by the glass with the price up to US$ 4.00 - draft and bottled beer - ciders and spirit coolers - spirits with the price up to US$ 3.90 - all soft drinks including non-alcoholic cocktails - all coffee based drinks - take away ice cream in a cup or cone

I've tried emailing customer services but have had 2 different answers which don't actually talk about the prices of drinks or whether this is a mis-print. Any ideas?

It may be a total mis-print, because the more-for-less-escape-pass should be not available on a cruise starting in europe and with EURO as OBC.

Thanks for the responses. It's a slightly odd one in that the cruise starts in Europe but ends in the Caribbean but I've heard it would be priced in euros since it starts in Europe.

Looks like it's worth buying some vouchers then, just need to check out the menus for asterisks so I can work out how many of the included drinks we think we'll want.

Hi suzyed......I spoke to my TA about your question and he said that you if order something that isn't covered or high price, they will charge it to your cabin......:)

I was told $8 as well. Will they let you pay the difference if you order something more expensive?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi anyone going/been to the caribbean with MSC? Have you got/ can you get

a pic of the drinks list showing the red asterisks?

We are going Jan17 on the poesia so researching this as we like a drink with meals and the 18 voucher thing looks like something we would use.

It would also be interesting to know what you paid for your vouchers as

if we buy in advance price is in GBP

Annoyingly since we booked some TAs are including a drinks package!!