SILVERSEA WIND Nov 8 - Dec 2 questions

scorpiony3358

Hi all,

I'll be sailing solo on the Wind back to back Rome to Barcelona and Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.

I've sailed twice solo on the Spirit and loved it. My most recent was the Venice to Venice cruise a month ago which was wonderful.

What I'm curious about is activities on board during the 10 days at sea. The transatlantic crossing is a wine and gourmet cruise. It is also a bridge tournament sailing, but since I don't play it leaves me on my own.

As this will be the smallest ship I will have sailed on I'm curious about how the staff will occupy the guests time.

How is the entertainment?

The Rome to Barcelona cruise will be the first for the Wind after being refurbished so it will be like being on a new ship.

Thanks in advance

We just got off the Wind last Friday. She will be in better shape for you. As far as activity bring plenty of books. It is a small ship but friendly people to talk to are always available. We do not require a lot of activity so we were fine. The bathroom is the smallest we have ever seen. We really had an issue with this.

Staff are great, food is a personal issue. We found the Main Dining room food not for us we preferred the Italian restaurant.

SS has slipped in quality in our opinion for this last cruise.

Enjoy if you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

Please join our Meet and Mingle group for the Barcelona-FLL leg. You can go to the roll call thread to join. So far we have 12 folks from CC. We'll have the M&M in our suite(701) the evening out of Cartagena at 1800. We have done many Transatlantic cruises on SS and Regent. The main things we like about the sea days is that the social environment gets moving, the food prep is better, because the full crew is aboard all day and the service is better for the same reason. We have cruised several times aboard the Spirit, but this will be our first aboard the Wind. Our good friends who will be aboard, the Weiners, have cruised the Cloud and enjoyed it very much. They have cruised the Spirit several times as well. We will have a great captain in Marco Sangiacomo and I'm sure you'll find plenty of activity to keep you busy during the sea days.

Thank you for your insight.

I'm looking forward to the refurb that the ship is having right before I board.

Since I'm traveling solo the bathroom shouldn't be an issue. I've found the those cruising on SS are very friendly and I've enjoyed my cruises. You're right about the food it is a personal issue, but was curious how a cruise that is a wine and gourmet theme is different.

BTW how was the entertainment?

Thank you for your insight.

I'm looking forward to the refurb that the ship is having right before I board.

Since I'm traveling solo the bathroom shouldn't be an issue. I've found the those cruising on SS are very friendly and I've enjoyed my cruises. You're right about the food it is a personal issue, but was curious how a cruise that is a wine and gourmet theme is different.

BTW how was the entertainment?

We found it enjoyable. Not New York theatre but ok.They have one show a night at 10 pm.Sometimes we found it a little late due to what we were doing that day.

You can join one of the most popular lunchtime activities - the English Fish and Chips lunch, held on most TA crossing. Its interesting to watch the waiters coming back with freshly cooked food and not like a shop that keeps fish and chips in the warmer for hours! Unless you get bored with yourself you will find something to do every sea day.

Enjoy, I have done several TA as a solo and you will find everyone friendly.

I just returned from a cruise on the Silver Spirit in August RT Venice and it was my 2nd time on the ship. I enjoyed it very much. I'm easy to get along with and make friends pretty quickly as my life in the entertainment industry (wholesale, retail and owning a club) people find pretty interesting.

I love the grill at night cooking my own steaks and prawns.

See you in November.