TeamTrom’s Vacation Review: Oasis of the Seas (10.29.16) plus More

TeamTrom

Team Tom.....I just love your enthusiasm!! It is so rare to see that from a male perspective!! You are going to absolutely LOVE the Oasis!! We sailed on her for her inaugural sailing and it was the most special time we have ever spent. We booked 2 years before hand and watched all the progress from first keels being laid till her transatlantic crossing and then home to Port Everglades. I remember just how very excited we were- Do not forget to try the Park Cafe' - it is absolutely fabulous!! Its less crowded than the Windjammer esp on sailing day. Also if you are able book Giovanni's table- the meal was incredible there. Also spend some time in Central Park- we loved going there in the evenings after dinner when it's all lit up and its very romantic setting. I am so excited to hear your thoughts and comments and wish you a fabulous time!! Enjoy every second of your trip!!

Thanks a lot for taking an interest in my writing! I really want this to be enjoyable for anyone who is taking the time to read it.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be on inaugural sailing, definitely on Wifey and I's bucket list.

Thanks for all the tips, we will try to fit them into our schedule lol we have a spot or to left open [emoji16]

Thanks again for checking in and I hope you enjoy the rest!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Well you got out of town just in time.

Here in Vienna Ohio, we frosted this morning.

The weather man was calling for snow flakes, but did not happen or I missed the one snow flake.

Enjoy your trip.

Love this thread.

Safe travels.

Carry on..................with the thread, not a suit case:D

I'm absolutely thrilled with our timing. Perfect if you ask me lol

I'm following along and enjoying your trip report so far.

We are on the sailing right after yours, the Nov 5 sailing from Port Canaveral.

Have a great vacation.

Us too. Inaugural cruise.excited. 2nd time on Oasis. A floating resort. We have a water theater boardwalk balcony so we can see shows and movie screen.

The decision with Caleb being in our lap could've gone far worse than it did. It wasn't perfect by any means but I don't know if having an additional seat would've been an improvement or not. This was us at take off from CAK before he started kicking and squirming lol

nusDVC.png

We stopped at TGIF at the airport and while I have normally had great service in Atlanta this was not one of those experiences. Food was good but it took far too long. While we were passing through the concourses we came across this section that was a pretty cool sight to see

z2H37v.png

bUUfIg.png

Guest appearance from Wifey in the last one. And here we show how you gotta put the young buck to work, he didn't quite have it mastered yet.

UCsPXE.png

Did I mention when I got off the plane it was near the 80's, what a difference from home, ill take it :D

I am now currently sitting on my grandparents enclosed porch, beer in hand, cool breeze hitting my face and I'm watching the Tribe play in game 2 of the World Series. This is the life...:)

P.S. Was just having a conversation and my Grandma asked Wifey about the type of pants she was wearing. She asked "are those the yogurt pants that everyone is talking about?" and I just laughed and after a moment I asked "did you mean yoga pants?" and she says oh yeah lol just a funny moment to top off the night...

I'm following along and enjoying your trip report so far.

We are on the sailing right after yours, the Nov 5 sailing from Port Canaveral.

Have a great vacation.

I cant make any promises as to what kind of shape I will leave Lady O in for you ;) but I hope you have a blast, should be a great week for you!!!

I agree with that, I get to skip first formal night being a EAGLES fan :D

Ewwww!! An Eagles fan ;)

Can I get a copy also pleas, my email is retnavy1996@hotmail.com. We will see you onboard. We are trying to deside now if we drive down frim Orlando on Friday or Saturday morning. What part are you leaving from?

We are driving down bright and early on Saturday morning. We are leaving from the town my Grandparents live in Auburndale, FL. Not sure the route we are taking, just what my phones GPS says. I'm going to put my trust in technology!

Can I get a copy also pleas, my email is retnavy1996@hotmail.com. We will see you onboard. We are trying to deside now if we drive down frim Orlando on Friday or Saturday morning. What part are you leaving from?

I believe the 3 of you that asked for my Cruise Template should receive it this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it!!!

Hey.....we will be on your cruise as well. I have not been keeping up with the roll call because we just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. Life has been crazy!!!!

You can add me to the color-coded spreadsheet group!

We have tried several lines and have things we like and dislike about each one. We sailed on the Allure several years ago....

Here is my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812722

Maybe we will see you on the cruise!

Now that I had time to look back on your Allure cruise I quickly realized that I HAVE read it already, although it was great to be able to relive through some of your memories again. You really did take some amazing photos of your trip and the ship. I am truly jealous of all those cupcakes you had to eat :p specifically the Vanilla Bean ones. Thanks for sending the link to me again, helped me get re-amped for the trip, as if I needed more energy for it lol

I hope if your Hubs is coming along too that he enjoys the size of this ship more than the last one. Have a great vacation and I am sure we will cross paths at some point!

What a cute young man you have there!!! Enjoy... ours are all grown and moved away, and now we're suffering (but not too badly) from empty nest syndrome (but a year and a half old granddaughter is helping with that!).

Wish we could get down early, but work calls unfortunately.

I work a half day tomorrow, then head home to wash clothes and pack.

I've got it down to a science now and only takes about 45 minutes, tops!

What a cute young man you have there!!! Enjoy... ours are all grown and moved away, and now we're suffering (but not too badly) from empty nest syndrome (but a year and a half old granddaughter is helping with that!).

Wish we could get down early, but work calls unfortunately.

I work a half day tomorrow, then head home to wash clothes and pack.

I've got it down to a science now and only takes about 45 minutes, tops!

We got it down to science to, a 3 week long science experiment where it takes many trial and errors, hypotheses and when we finally put it all together it looks like a hot mess!!! [emoji13]

We got it down to science to, a 3 week long science experiment where it takes many trial and errors, hypotheses and when we finally put it all together it looks like a hot mess!!! [emoji13]

*LOL* Well, with as many cruises as we have, I've created my own spreadsheet for packing! Pretty much memorized now... but anything not on the list I don't need.

Sean you son is just way too adorable!!!! Can't wait to see this cutie in his costume. Enjoy these years they fly bye. Can't believe my baby is 25!

He actually wont be with us, getting some much needed bonding time with my Grandparents! [emoji16] this is a Wifey and me trip. Plus my dad and his gf!!!

i'll add from a female perspective, I have used a spreadsheet for many years. But mine is just listing the ports and times, special activities onboard, but mainly the clothes to be worn each day :rolleyes:

I have a spreadsheet of daily outfits for DS and I so I'll know what I still need to shop for before we go.

SO yeah, another spreadsheet user here! :D

I have a spreadsheet of daily outfits for DS and I so I'll know what I still need to shop for before we go.

SO yeah, another spreadsheet user here! :D

Tack another one on for me!!!

Thanks - I received the spreadsheet! You're son is an absolute cutie!!!!!

[emoji7] [emoji7]

I still believe in the packing advice I got here, more than a decade ago:

Take half the amount of clothes you think you need, and twice the money.

As well as the one I learned in Boy Scouts (granted, pertains more to camping than cruising, but still):

Divide everything into three piles - first pile are things you need every day. Second pile are things you will need once. Third pile is things you probably won't need at all. Take only the first pile.

T Minus 2 Days: Pre-Cruise Vacay - Beach Day

It was an early morning, and a quick check of the weather said it was 20 degrees warmer here than home and that made me :) Went for a quick run at 7am to get the day started in the right direction... I fully anticipate putting back on 10lbs of my 30lbs that I have lost over the past 90 days because of food overload so every bit of exercise I can get will help me lol What a beautiful morning it was, wish I had the wherewithal to take a picture.

After breakfast we got gathered up and headed due west to find some sand! Finally after a year and 9 months we have found what Caleb was meant to do all along.... be our DD

1YDDFz.png

We ended up at more of a local-ish type of beach. It was anything but a touristy location but we will get plenty of that in the coming week. It was warm (82 degrees) but not hot so getting into the water had little to no chance. Here are some shots of Picnic Island Beach in Tampa Bay!!!

wujQKp.png

BurQFy.png

Palm trees and sun!!! Yay!!! They have a little playground that Caleb enjoyed!

fGkf88.png

And then we snapped a photo of Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Teddy(Notice the tiny black Shih Tzu puppy in between the two. Keeping under the shade, you can tell they are from Florida

0ABWYd.png

We are back at home, ready and waiting for Dad and Kristie to make it to town tomorrow. I think we are going to try a local BBQ place in town, if we do I will let you know how it is!!! BBQ is my Faaaavoritee!!