TeamTrom’s Vacation Review: Oasis of the Seas (10.29.16) plus More

TeamTrom

RSVPing. Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for joining along, hope you enjoy

So much for spontaneity...

Oh, BTW I stole your checklist[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haha , there have been moments when I wondered if we will have time for anything not on our schedule but I remembered things never go quite as planned and there will be plenty to do out of the box. Haha its all yours now!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I hope I can live up to the hype! I am equally excited to meet you too!

Will you be joining us and several others for our sail away party at the sky bar?

Congrats on yours friends first cruise, they are now hooked!!!

Yes we will try to attend! I am going to be laid back this cruise and allow him to decide most of the flow. My birthday is Sunday though so I may have some say that day lol.

Along with a million other things today is also the day to make our Snack from the Buckeye State for our Halloween themed Cabin Crawl!!! Can you tell what I am making?

LOVE buckeyes!! The candy not the team!! lol We are your "neighbors to the north" but our daughter attends OSU so we have adopted the Buckeyes for a time!

Looking forward to your review, we will be sailing on Oasis for our 2nd time in April - taking our high school senior and 2 of his friends for their spring break!!

Along with a million other things today is also the day to make our Snack from the Buckeye State for our Halloween themed Cabin Crawl!!! Can you tell what I am making?

LOVE buckeyes!! The candy not the team!! lol We are your "neighbors to the north" but our daughter attends OSU so we have adopted the Buckeyes for a time!

Looking forward to your review, we will be sailing on Oasis for our 2nd time in April - taking our high school senior and 2 of his friends for their spring break!!

Hey jmaedcruise! Which is your cabin # on our crawl? I don't have you listed? Are you on as an alias or in with someone else? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey jmaedcruise! Which is your cabin # on our crawl? I don't have you listed? Are you on as an alias or in with someone else? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i am not a part of the crawl...

That top line was a quote from the OP.....don't know why it didn't show up that way - sorry for the confusion

T Minus 3 Days: Fly to Orlando/Start of Pre-Cruise Vacay

Started off as an early morning for me considering I work night shift so I am normally crawling in bed at 5am not waking up at 8am. Woke up to this temperature!!!

M1NDH8.png

Got packed into the car pretty quickly, a short drive to CAK Airport and find this at Check In!!!

dW7y80.png

I love this airport, never any wait at all. Had the same type of wait at security check. Only issue was I was pretending I have never been through security before and forgot about basic rules like remove your laptop from your bag :rolleyes: I was that guy that created a 5 minute wait in line lol opps! Found this cool place just on the other side of the check in for Caleb to play in!!!

SMVoMF.png

The Roundtrip flight to Orlando from Canton/Akron through Atlanta for Wifey, Caleb and I was a grand total of $430.40. Both trips have a Layover in Atlanta and Caleb is free if we have him sit on our laps. I hope we don’t regret that decision =). If your keeping track that brings our total to $2001.74($2101.74)

Boarding now, next stop Orlando!!!

Awesome review so far, and congrats on the upgrade! You'll love sitting on the balcony early morning or late evening watching the sunrise/sunset or stars out at night.

Can't wait to meet you at the Sail-Away Party! :)

Hi, great report so far. We're also on this cruise and can't wait.

Do you know if there is anything special planned on board for Halloween?

There has been past cruisers that suggest there will be a halloween party that RC will put together. We are involved in a "trick or treat" themed cabin crawl!

Hey.....we will be on your cruise as well. I have not been keeping up with the roll call because we just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. Life has been crazy!!!!

You can add me to the color-coded spreadsheet group!

We have tried several lines and have things we like and dislike about each one. We sailed on the Allure several years ago....

Here is my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812722

Maybe we will see you on the cruise!

Wifey checking in!!! I see that some of you have said you like to prepare like he does but seriously, this guy is so obsessed he has a color coded excel spread sheet...

JwZlPr.jpg

Nothing unusual about that! Maybe its an Ohio Cruise obsessed husband thing. Enjoy Oasis. Its cold and wet up here in Ohio today

Awesome review so far, and congrats on the upgrade! You'll love sitting on the balcony early morning or late evening watching the sunrise/sunset or stars out at night.

Can't wait to meet you at the Sail-Away Party! :)

Thanks, I hope we love the balcony!!! See you then!

Hey.....we will be on your cruise as well. I have not been keeping up with the roll call because we just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. Life has been crazy!!!!

You can add me to the color-coded spreadsheet group!

We have tried several lines and have things we like and dislike about each one. We sailed on the Allure several years ago....

Here is my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812722

Maybe we will see you on the cruise!

Glad to have you on board with us!!! I will have to take a look at your review... I'm curious if I read it already in my frenzy of any review that could possible satisfy my crave lol

Oooooh, so excited. Cheers TeamTrom.

We fly out in the morning, its a fair old trek from Scotland.

I wish you safe travels on your long trip. Have fun!

Nothing unusual about that! Maybe its an Ohio Cruise obsessed husband thing. Enjoy Oasis. Its cold and wet up here in Ohio today

It was certainly cold when we left this morning. Thats what I'll do, blame my obsession on Ohio lol [emoji1]

Team Tom.....I just love your enthusiasm!! It is so rare to see that from a male perspective!! You are going to absolutely LOVE the Oasis!! We sailed on her for her inaugural sailing and it was the most special time we have ever spent. We booked 2 years before hand and watched all the progress from first keels being laid till her transatlantic crossing and then home to Port Everglades. I remember just how very excited we were- Do not forget to try the Park Cafe' - it is absolutely fabulous!! Its less crowded than the Windjammer esp on sailing day. Also if you are able book Giovanni's table- the meal was incredible there. Also spend some time in Central Park- we loved going there in the evenings after dinner when it's all lit up and its very romantic setting. I am so excited to hear your thoughts and comments and wish you a fabulous time!! Enjoy every second of your trip!!

Well you got out of town just in time.

Here in Vienna Ohio, we frosted this morning.

The weather man was calling for snow flakes, but did not happen or I missed the one snow flake.

Enjoy your trip.

Love this thread.

Safe travels.

Carry on..................with the thread, not a suit case:D