Things not to forget on first cruise to Bermuda

Sandi07054

Going on Celebrity Summit in August 2017. I am a big list maker prior to any trip. Just wondering if you have any tips on things you wish you brought or things that just took up too much space in luggage!! So far I'm thinking of a nice fold up tote and water bottle for the beach!!

Thank you all!!!

Gallons of sunscreen and a hat - preferably a big hat. The sun is very intense.

Β 

And lots of extra money [emoji12]

Β 

Don't book excursions through the ship for Bermuda. There is so much to do. Bermuda is very easy to get around. They have a great public transportation system and regulated cabs. The locals are very friendly warm and welcoming. They are what makes Bermuda special.

Β 

Things to do:

Β 

Hartley' Helmet dive - great fun! Book in advance through their website.

Β 

Famous Homes and Hideaways tour. It's a boat tour through all the little coves and inlets where the wealthy of Bermuda live. Book when you get there at the Island Tour Centre - right where the ships dock. You can also book in advance through the Island Tour Centre website.

Β 

You can book a lot of different activities - mostly water related - through the Island Tour Centre website or once you get to Bermuda.

Β 

You can get to the iconic Horseshoe Bay beach via shuttles from Dockyard for $7 per person. They will drop you right down by the beach. You can take the #7 bus if you get the transportation pass but that drops you at the top of the hill and you have to walk down and back up.

Β 

There are a lot of other great beaches but most don't have the facilities that Horseshoe Bay does. You can walk to several other beaches via a path that runs along the back of the beaches.

Β 

A day trip that I like to do is a trip out to the Aquarium and Zoo at Flatts Village.

Β 

Take the ferry into Hamilton, then walk up Queen St just across and to the right of the ferry terminal to the bus terminal. You need to go to the right again at the end of Queen St.

Β 

Take the number #10 or 11 bus to Flatts. Say good morning/afternoon to the driver, then tell him/her to let you know when to get off for the Aquarium. They will shout out the stop. Say thank you when you get off the bus. It's the Bermudian way.

Β 

They feed the seals around 1-1:30 and that's always fun.

Β 

When you leave there, hop back on the bus in the same place you got off and head for Bailey's Bay and the Swizzle Inn for lunch. Cross the street and have an ice cream for dessert at the Bailey's Bay Ice Cream Parlor, then take any bus headed back to Hamilton.

Β 

If you have any other questions about Bermuda just ask. We have been there many, many times [emoji7]

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My advice to you would be to lay out all your clothes you are packing on your bed, then put out all the money you're taking next to them. Put away 1/2 your clothes and double your money. This works every time I travel.:cool:

My advice to you would be to lay out all your clothes you are packing on your bed, then put out all the money you're taking next to them. Put away 1/2 your clothes and double your money. This works every time I travel.:cool:

Love it!

If time permits visit the Bermuda Museum in the Dockyard, great place to see history. There's a brew pub in the dockyard, the frog & onion, excellent amber ale. Around the corner is an Arts Center, local artists works, very well done and reasonable prices. Horseshoe bay is a beautiful beach, but if you need to "fit-in" a swim Snorkel Beach is just around the corner from the pier. St Georges is worth a visit; try a carriage ride (Bronco Stables takes reservations). The White Horse Pub is nice for lunch.

LOL!!! And, unfortunately, TOO TRUE!!! But, who cares! Bermuda is special!

• 1 month later...
my advice to you would be to lay out all your clothes you are packing on your bed, then put out all the money you're taking next to them. Put away 1/2 your clothes and double your money. This works every time i travel.:cool:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚