Best Suites in Your Opinion?

seabournaddict

We are considering booking later in the year, on one of the big ships. Havent tried them yet so are curious as to who likes which suite best and why? I think I like the idea of being close to Seabourn Square, but really have no idea where to try to get a reservation. Any ideas?

After having spent over 300+ days on Seabourn, many of them on the big ships, my opinion is to book the cheapest category available. As the "big ships" are actually relatively small, location is not really a factor and as Holland-American is zealously degrading and cheapening the product, going as cheaply as possible is the smart play, imo.

I agree with Neophytus with one caveat that is important to me. On the larger ships, there are V categories where there is flashing part ways up on the balconies, and that is a deal breaker to me. So I only book a V3 or above, or a suite with a window.

Seabournaddict

On the Quest we had suite 628, Deck 6 port side and we found it to be a great location. Not too far past mid-ships and a short stroll back to the suite after dinner! Lovely hot tub forward on Deck 6, so no problem going along the hall in your bathrobe to chill out there (that's really why I chose this deck and location). And just along was the forward lift to take you up to the Observation Lounge, and we used it also to go up to the pool. I think it was a V5 class suite. But nothing is really very far and sometimes you do need a walk after indulging! Seabourn Square one deck up - so the short flight of stairs made for good excercise. Hope this helps.:)

Just read JaneBP's comments and yes I had forgotten about the "half/half" balconies. That's important to us as well. No point in not being able to see the sea as it were when lounging on one's extremely comfortable SB bed!

Edited by fairbourne
Add a comment

After having spent over 300+ days on Seabourn, many of them on the big ships, my opinion is to book the cheapest category available. As the "big ships" are actually relatively small, location is not really a factor and as Holland-American is zealously degrading and cheapening the product, going as cheaply as possible is the smart play, imo.

I agree. I always buy the "el cheapo" suite :D and on a GTY and spin the bottle to see if we get a lucky upgrade. IMO there is no bad cabin on any Seabourn ship.

We always book a Veranda GTY. We just don't care where the cabin is, there are plus's and minus's. On the bigger ships we had deck 5 suite 502, arguably the least attractive option, we were quite happy as the little extra stroll after over indulging daily made us feel better! We personally did not find the half n half balcony a deal breaker, We were just as happy sitting on the balcony as when we had deck 5 6 and 7 midship suites.

As an example, on the larger ships there is always a venue that you will use regularly on any floor. If you choose a window suite, the MDR is on deck 4, Club and small pool on deck 5, Grand Salon and Whirlpool on deck 6, Seabourn Square etc on deck 7, bars, pool and R2 and Colonaide on 8. I am sure the same will apply to the smaller ships too.

Any suite on Seabourn will be fabulous!

We are considering booking later in the year, on one of the big ships. Havent tried them yet so are curious as to who likes which suite best and why? I think I like the idea of being close to Seabourn Square, but really have no idea where to try to get a reservation. Any ideas?

Many people, self included, prefer midships less movement in bad weather; also lower down is more stabe, if you do not get travel sick then that is not a problem. Having been assigned on 2 cruises my last one I choose my cabin and on my upcoming one I have chosen my cabin/suite.

Sorry don't understand the, but really have no idea where to try to get a reservation. Any ideas? bit.

Edited by electra2008

Seabournaddict

Lovely hot tub forward on Deck 6,

Oops - not many people find this smoke free ( but not champagne free) oasis. Best not to publicise?:(

Hedonistic heaven - there, now i've done it.:mad:

Edited by MARIANH

thanks for all the suggestions. As we are people with over 300 days, I doubt that going cheap and hoping for an upgrade would work for us. Also going on one of the big ships for the first time, a decent balcony would be one of the most important criterias. I wouldnt like an obstructed balcony and have read before about the half/half ones. I really like the idea of being close to Seabourn Square, and so far have picked 748 or 747 but I also think these may be the ones that would be booked out first? On the Deck plans, halfway down the hallways (on 6 and 7 anyway) are an Owners or a Penthouse suite. OPPOSITE those suites is a blank white square....does anyone know what that is? Service area? I like the idea of only sharing one wall with another suite (734 and 732) but if its a service area would be noisier than the noisiest guests!

thanks for all the suggestions. As we are people with over 300 days, I doubt that going cheap and hoping for an upgrade would work for us. Also going on one of the big ships for the first time, a decent balcony would be one of the most important criterias. I wouldnt like an obstructed balcony and have read before about the half/half ones. I really like the idea of being close to Seabourn Square, and so far have picked 748 or 747 but I also think these may be the ones that would be booked out first? On the Deck plans, halfway down the hallways (on 6 and 7 anyway) are an Owners or a Penthouse suite. OPPOSITE those suites is a blank white square....does anyone know what that is? Service area? I like the idea of only sharing one wall with another suite (734 and 732) but if its a service area would be noisier than the noisiest guests!

The blank white space is the stairwell that the crew uses to go up and down the decks so that don't use the passenger stairwells - the cabins closet to the stairwell can be a little noisy at peaktime (i.e., room servie breakfast).

Hope this helps.

ohhhh, the crew have their own stairwell on the big ships? Hadnt heard about that at all. Thanks for that info. I dont think those suites would be too noisy then, unless the wait crew dropped the trays! We wake quite early, so still could be a good option fror us. Thanks for the info

ohhhh, the crew have their own stairwell on the big ships? Hadnt heard about that at all. Thanks for that info. I dont think those suites would be too noisy then, unless the wait crew dropped the trays! We wake quite early, so still could be a good option fror us. Thanks for the info

Our friends had suite 648 and didn't mention any noise issues at all. The only time you would notice there was a stairwell would be if you happen to pass at the exact time a crew member was coming out.

Where do filet burgers, onion rings and 2lbs of caviar fit into all of this

:confused:

In your stomach if you have room after you have sated on " bug eyed" Nigerian Shrimp. Watch out for those "critters" as they can become addictive. If you prefer them smoked, try the Observation Lounge.

HMORROW -Well chosen suite. Remember you may need some muscle if the secret door to the hot tub area is shut. And don't broadcast its location unless you wish to be joined by hordes of Seabourn sybarites.

Edited by MARIANH

We did a guaranty on our upcoming ta on Sojourn and JUST found out we get cabin 652. Looks good to me, AND we can use the foward hot tub!

Helaine

Wonderful suite! Enjoy everything! Did I tell you about ....... oh well you'll find out for yourself! I get in soooo much trouble for sharing! LOL! :D:D

In your stomach if you have room after you have sated on " bug eyed" Nigerian Shrimp. Watch out for those "critters" as they can become addictive. If you prefer them smoked, try the Observation Lounge.

HMORROW -Well chosen suite. Remember you may need some muscle if the secret door to the hot tub area is shut. And don't broadcast its location unless you wish to be joined by hordes of Seabourn sybarites.

Smoked "you know whats"? Now ST et alii I'm not the only one giving away all the little secrets! ;):D

No they were all in the Observation Lounge! ;):p :-)

Beat me to the draw - I like it.:)

Hang on, maybe I don't!

Still have not heard back from Seabourn re smoking policy. Time for another smoking "rant"?

Edited by MARIANH