First Solo Cruise

omar151

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my first solo cruise with a Vista Suite on the Carnival Miracle for August 26th 2017. I am excited and not sure what to expect since this is my very first cruise going alone. I am really looking forward to it though :)

I did my first solo in March and loved it. Did not care for my dinner mates but I never asked to be reassigned to another table. I did it on the Dream and going to do it again on the Freedom and Breeze next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on my fourth solo cruise in September. Like you, I had some trepidations as well, when I booked my first. I had done 17 previous with my significant other. Have had wonderful tablemates and have met a lot of great people. Go with an open mind... I'm sure you will have a great time.

Congratulations! You will have a blast! I did my first solo cruise 17 years ago, and have done 6 more since then. I have enjoyed all my cruises, and solo ones too. The times I did fixed time early or late seating dinner, I was very lucky and had some wonderful table mates. Enjoy your cruise, and come back after and tell us all about it.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my first solo cruise with a Vista Suite on the Carnival Miracle for August 26th 2017. I am excited and not sure what to expect since this is my very first cruise going alone. I am really looking forward to it though :)

Congratulations on your first solo cruise. And may I say you booked a pretty sweet cabin! You can enjoy that cabin solo or any other way! Hope you have a great time.

I love cruising solo. If you like your own company, you'll have a great time. Just go with what you feel comfortable with...big table on Sea Day Brunches, or small tables if you just enjoy the view and people watching.

You'll find it's nice to sleep as late as you want or not, and if you're an experienced cruiser, you already know what you enjoy on port days.

You will have a grand time!

Congratulations on your first solo cruise. And may I say you booked a pretty sweet cabin! You can enjoy that cabin solo or any other way! Hope you have a great time.

I love cruising solo. If you like your own company, you'll have a great time. Just go with what you feel comfortable with...big table on Sea Day Brunches, or small tables if you just enjoy the view and people watching.

You'll find it's nice to sleep as late as you want or not, and if you're an experienced cruiser, you already know what you enjoy on port days.

Thank you very much [emoji4]. I did pick anytime dinning so I can meet more people also.

Going on my fourth solo cruise in September. Like you, I had some trepidations as well, when I booked my first. I had done 17 previous with my significant other. Have had wonderful tablemates and have met a lot of great people. Go with an open mind... I'm sure you will have a great time.

Awesome. Ya this will be my 10th cruise. I was supposed to go in April was supposed to go with my ex (darn cheaters). So I used my credit for this cruise.

Thank you [emoji4] Oh ya the Vista Suite balconies are beyond amazing!

Solo is great because you can do what and when you want.:p:p

I did my first solo cruise in December 2013. This November and December will be my 13th and 14th solo cruise. It's my favorite way to cruise. I can do whatever I want on my own schedule. I am very social and can talk to anybody so that's a plus. I also enjoy being by myself and just relaxing. Friends I have met on previous cruises are cruising on both my upcoming trips, so that will be nice to catch up, and do some things together but not attached at the hip.

I always get Your Time Dining. I mostly like to eat solo, but have eaten with both new and old friends with YTD.

Have fun on your cruise !

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I do 3 or 4 SOLO cruises each year, and have a blast! As noted above, you can do what you want, when you want. I always find that dinner time was one of the highlights of SOLO cruising, as I always select early (or late) assigned seating, and the Maitre'd always seats the SOLO folks together, at a BIG table, which makes for getting to know each other, and having someone to attend shows, go on excursions, and in general, hang together, IF YOU WANT TO. Bottom line, SOLO cruising is great fun.

"SKY"

My first solo cruise was the best vacation I've ever had. I've since married so it will probably never happen again. lol

Lol. Well I hope I have the same experience [emoji4]

I've enjoyed perhaps 15 or more solo cruises, and like SkyMaster says, they can be great fun, especially dining.. I was once the only male at a 10 top, great fun there!

Guys don't seem to have the same issues as women do when we guys cruise solo. Reading the threads on solo cruising in the specialty section of CC can be eye opening re things I don't even think about when solo.

I'm going on my first Solo cruise to Ensanada and Catalina aboard the Imagination on October 8th and I am both excited and nervous . This is my second cruise ( the first was to the bahamas in january) and I look forward to enjoying the peace, unplugging , and worrying about none other than me , myself , and I. I'm hoping to make friends with a fellow cruiser or two as well though .

Edited by jjennings1990

I have done several solo cruises the past few years and I love it. I can do what I want, when I want to do it; get off and on the ship as I please. I'm not keen on dining with others for a full dinner, so I usually opt for the buffet on my solo cruises.

I agree. The Spirit class Vista suites are my favorite Carnival cabins. That's a nice consolation after being cheated on. :D

lol I cannot disagree. I had a few of them the Spirt ships. Love em [emoji4]

89e0e6a2c7d876da95c00a0c8f9d05c5.jpg

You're a handsome guy. No doubt some girl will be breaking your heart soon. I hope you have a fabulous cruise and gets lots of time on that aft-wrap-around balcony and in that suite.

Best wishes for a fabulous cruise. Come back here and tell us how much fun you had. I never get tired of seeing photos of that fabulous wrap-around balcony. Thanks for the reply.