Freedom questions

cruisin2604

Anyone recently off the Freedom...couple of questions...1. Is the ship doing the comfort cards where you pick morning or evening service from steward.

2. Are there still robes in your room .. or do you now have to ask for them.

3. Are the iceboxes empty now and unlocked whren you board.

4. Are there still holes punched for you in your sail and sign card when you get them.

5. Cruising to Key West / Bahamas.... will the ship change time?? Read it depends on ship and captain.

Thanks

1. Is the ship doing the comfort cards where you pick morning or evening service from steward.

you mean morning, evening OR BOTH (there are 3 choices)... and I didnt get the comfort card the last time I went on the freedom

I had to ask

yes

4. Are there still holes punched for you in your sail and sign card when you get them.

no

5. Cruising to Key West / Bahamas.... will the ship change time?? Read it depends on ship and captain.

no clue. sorry

Anyone recently off the Freedom...couple of questions...1. Is the ship doing the comfort cards where you pick morning or evening service from steward.

Thanks

Was on the Freedom late February.

1. Yes

2. No robes.

3. Yes

4. Yes, holes were pre-punched.

5. Always stay on the time zone of your home port. (Ship will stay on Galveston time.)

When did they stop that? There was a hole in mine 4 months ago on Freedom.

when I was on last the only one who had a hole punched was my daughter because she was under age. None of the rest of us had holes punched. I still have the cards and looked.

Thanks

I was on the Freedom 2 weeks ago! We absolutely LOVE the Freedom and I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have!

1. Yes, the room steward brought our card to us the first day. I signed up for option #3....clean morning and evening :)

2. No robes. Have to request them.

3. Yes, iceboxes are empty and open

4. Yes, cards had holes pre punched.

5. We also cruised to Key West/Bahamas. Ship stays on ship time, NOT Florida time!! Be careful in Key West, because you're phones may automatically update the current time and this could be scary!!

We will be cruising on the Freedom out of Galveston in September. In going through the online check-in process, I noticed that you can board as early as 11AM or as late as 3PM for the 4PM departure time with baggage check ending at 2PM. Are there any advantages to checking in earlier (say 11) over later (say 2)? We certainly don't want to carry our own baggage on, so we'd be sure to be there before the 2PM baggage check deadline.

I know that there is a lunch buffet available as one perk to arriving earlier, but what other advantages are there?

We will be cruising on the Freedom out of Galveston in September. In going through the online check-in process, I noticed that you can board as early as 11AM or as late as 3PM for the 4PM departure time with baggage check ending at 2PM. Are there any advantages to checking in earlier (say 11) over later (say 2)? We certainly don't want to carry our own baggage on, so we'd be sure to be there before the 2PM baggage check deadline.

I know that there is a lunch buffet available as one perk to arriving earlier, but what other advantages are there?

In Galveston, you must check in during the check in time you are assigned. check your documents/boarding pass. We always chose 10:30am check in time (even though we're Platinum and check in whenever). The advantage to being there earlier is you start your vacation as soon as they board the ship :)

In Galveston, you must check in during the check in time you are assigned. check your documents/boarding pass. We always chose 10:30am check in time (even though we're Platinum and check in whenever). The advantage to being there earlier is you start your vacation as soon as they board the ship :)

Thanks! The earliest time listed for our cruise is 11, which is what we have chosen. :cool:

On deck three of the Freedom deck plans, I see the Posh restaurant and the Chic restaurant. Are these where you pay extra to eat?

No. Those are the Main Dining Rooms. One is for anytime dining the other is for early/late dining. I believe anytime was in the front of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

Answers:

1) yes

2) no

3) yes

4) yes

5) essay response: The ship typically stays on its own time.