In Room Christmas decorations

axelskater

Has anyone ordered the Christmas decorations from DCL? The pictures aren't very good on the order from - wondering if the trees they deliver are lighted, and also what the opinions are of the room decorations set (Mickey Christmas garland, etc.) Thx!

Does anyone decorate the cabin on their own? I used to bring a small lighted tree but I am flying this time so I don't think that's an option

Has anyone ordered the Christmas decorations from DCL? The pictures aren't very good on the order from - wondering if the trees they deliver are lighted, and also what the opinions are of the room decorations set (Mickey Christmas garland, etc.) Thx!

Does anyone decorate the cabin on their own? I used to bring a small lighted tree but I am flying this time so I don't think that's an option

I haven't purchased the in-room gifts option, but I can chime in with - yes, people do bring their own decorations. If it's feasible to do so. One thing, you can't have plug in lights for decorating the room. Battery powered is fine.

Thanks. Darn though. I always brought a tree with plug in lights on the QM2 & a bath and body works tree scented plug in "scentportable"...No one ever said anything, and I always gave it to a crew member when we were done. Guess I will be searching for battery lights...

Target sells really tiny battery/usb powered trees and stuff. They're pretty small though. A few inches tall. They double as nightlights (although that's not their intended use). We travel on Christmas a lot it seems, so this works well for us so the kids still have a tree wherever we are.

Edited by codex57

Thanks. Darn though. I always brought a tree with plug in lights on the QM2 & a bath and body works tree scented plug in "scentportable"...No one ever said anything, and I always gave it to a crew member when we were done. Guess I will be searching for battery lights...

While you have been successful using a plug in air freshener in the past, I would ask you not to do so in the future. These have a heating element, and the problem comes when the fragrance has all evaporated, if the high temperature switch inside fails, the heater will continue to heat the plastic housing, which can melt and cause a fire. These are a danger even in the home, and should be checked regularly to ensure there is always liquid fragrance there. As something with a heating element, they are generally not allowed. Battery powered ones, due to the low current involved, are safe to use.

As a note regarding Christmas decorations, all of the live trees and evergreen boughs brought onboard by the line have been sprayed with fire retardant, so bringing any real greenery onboard yourself would not be allowed.

While you have been successful using a plug in air freshener in the past, I would ask you not to do so in the future. These have a heating element, and the problem comes when the fragrance has all evaporated, if the high temperature switch inside fails, the heater will continue to heat the plastic housing, which can melt and cause a fire. These are a danger even in the home, and should be checked regularly to ensure there is always liquid fragrance there. As something with a heating element, they are generally not allowed. Battery powered ones, due to the low current involved, are safe to use.

As a note regarding Christmas decorations, all of the live trees and evergreen boughs brought onboard by the line have been sprayed with fire retardant, so bringing any real greenery onboard yourself would not be allowed.

As always, a considered reply with proper reasoning Chief.

On the DIS, someones fan was confiscated, and a poster has chimed in that their electrical engineer husband has scoffed at the idea of a fan being a high risk item for an electrical fire, whilst curling irons are allowed and how much heat and power they consume.

Yet they didn't consider the auto shut off with the hair straighteners/curlers, and how you could easily walk out of your Stateroom and leave a fan running.

A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing, when you do not consider ALL of the aspects. And thanks for your insight!

ex techie

Actually I just used the wrong phraseology with "plug in" and should have stated "hang up" or "clip on" rather than plug in, though they make dozens of plug in flavors. Bath & Body Works travel Scentportables are not really plug in, they are a small scented capsule which you break and slip into the holder, which can then be placed on a car visor, or other similar spot via a clip-on mechanism. They are designed for when you can't use a plug. These are for travel and have no electricity - battery or otherwise - and are just tossed out when you are finished.

As for live greenery - the trees I bring on board are fake. And silver.

Edited by axelskater

In one week, at the "scent" won't evaporate....

No it won't run dry in a week smartass.

BUT it was a recommendation from someone that has to deal with incidents at sea, and if it is not a new scent, it could run dry.

How can you not see that as a safety warning?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie