Cozumel Excursions

Ery

Not sure where else to post this so here it goes.

We are looking at excursions in Cozumel, we are there for about 10 hours with a group.

We are hoping to get some snorkeling time in and Mayan ruins- those are the must do's.

Looked at going to Tulum, but the 1.25 hours in one way travel time and then the tour leaves no snorkeling time.

So we have been looking at the VW buggy tour ( we are all VW geeks) it is an island tour where you drive the VW buggy with stops at El Cedral ( has anyone been ???), go snorkeling at Hotel Cozumel resort with lunch and drinks.

Has anyone done the tour or have any recommendations that include Mayan ruins and snorkeling. I know I know, problem is we really like the Eastern Caribbean so not sure we will end up in Cozumel again and I want to snorkel- he wants to see the Mayan ruins- the rest of the gang is flexible.

Hi there

You don't say where else your cruise will be taking you.

You would find much nice (larger) Mayan sites in other islands. You could also find some nice snorkeling at other islands. So, maybe Mayan ruins at one stop and snorkeling at another.

There is a beach at Tulum, but not good snorkeling. I don't know if the tour you are considering allows for it. You could go there no your own. With a 10 hour stop you should be fine for time.

You can get some more inf. at the Port of Call/Cozumel threads.

have a great cruise

Sorry, we are on Oasis of the Seas.

The Tulum excursion through Royal and Trip ad and well any other place were all about 7 hours total. Which then trying to find snorkeling after that and well after 7 hours in the heat being tired, didn't seem like a great idea.

Our other stops are Labadee and Fallmouth so not really excited about the snorkeling at either [emoji20] worse comes to worse I wait and snorkel in St Maarten next spring

You each could take a separate excursion to do the things you want to do. If you're booking through the ship, then you certainly would have company in the form of fellow cruisers to share the experience with.