Danish currency

We want to transfer from the airport in Copenhagen to a hotel in downtown. My first choice is to take the train, but I understand that the machines to buy the tickets only take coins. I can withdrawal money from the ATM's (free), but how do I get coins? Buy a candy bar and take the change or is there another option?

That would be one option but the machines do take many of the most popular credit cards.

Or else go to the ticket counter and pay by cash or credit card.

Just remember that your credit card needs a pin code.

That would be one option but the machines do take many of the most popular credit cards.

Or else go to the ticket counter and pay by cash or credit card.

Just remember that your credit card needs a pin code.

You may OR may not need a chip and pin credit card. We were in Norway last fall and I was worried that I would need a chip and pin card to use public transportation. But it wasn't necessary. We used our chip cards on public transport in Oslo and Bergen and never needed a pin. I suspect that locations with a big tourist industry are trying to make it as easy as possible for people to use their facilities. And from a little reading I've done on it, terminals can be programmed to accept chip cards without requiring a PIN if the card is from a US bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Danish viking Please help me with Copenhagen we are arriving Marina June 24 and we need to get to the Hilton airport... please help with a good route for us.

IS there a train or what ?? Taxi are costly I read??

thank you and happy for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Regal Princess and took at taxi to the Hilton at CPH. it was okay price for us since there was 3 of us and if with princess then it would have been 120$. Taxi cost about $65. Easy to do and they take credit cards.

Danish viking Please help me with Copenhagen we are arriving Marina June 24 and we need to get to the Hilton airport... please help with a good route for us.

IS there a train or what ?? Taxi are costly I read??

thank you and happy for your help!

Take a look at this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327188

DV have allot of info there.