transport from fort lauderale to orlando airport

Corklou

I asked for help here a few months back and everyone was so good . there are six of us all adults and we are staying in Orlando for two nights then one pre cruise night in Embassey suites . I have a few items I need help with as I don't understand the distance or the areas .

1.if we hire a vehicle to take us back to Orlando airport , where is the nearest place to port that we can pick it up?

2. what companies are best and reliable to use ?

3. what is the earliest we could collect our vehicle after disembarking?

I appreciate any help

I asked for help here a few months back and everyone was so good . there are six of us all adults and we are staying in Orlando for two nights then one pre cruise night in Embassey suites . I have a few items I need help with as I don't understand the distance or the areas .

1.if we hire a vehicle to take us back to Orlando airport , where is the nearest place to port that we can pick it up?

2. what companies are best and reliable to use ?

3. what is the earliest we could collect our vehicle after disembarking?

I appreciate any help

How are you getting to Fort Lauderdale before the cruise?

It is about 3 to 4 hours from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale depending on how slowly you go.

Budget Rent a Car has a location on 17th street near Port Everglades. They have a shuttle that brings you to the Car Rental place. The Budget Rental location code is EV3 They should allow a one way rental to MCO (Orlando's airport)

Edited by reedl

Some research on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

will answer a lot of your questions.

When you can disembark depends on your cruise line, as some (for example, Oasis and Allure of the Seas, Royal Caribbean) start disembarking at 6am. Most others start around 7am.

The key here is the local office of the car rental. Small off airport offices, like reedl mentions, frequently don't open until 8am or 9am. Airport operations, on the other hand, are open 24/7, or very close to it.

There are about 6 common car rental companies, and about 6 other, more regional, smaller operations. Names like Hertz, Avis, National, Enterprise and such have been around for years.