Brittania november

cfb345

cant wait to go on brittania in November but wondered if any one could help with a question. On the formal nights does my husband definitely have to wear a suit as he hates them with a passion he has suit pants white shirts and ties but will he be turned away for not wearing a jacket we really don't want to have to eat in the buffet restaurant on formal nights.?

Hi, yes he definitely needs a jacket and tie. How long is the cruise, there are only 3 formal nights on a 14 nighter I think? It won't kill him to wear a jacket for those will it?

Edited by jeanlyon

He will need a jacket to dine in MDR on formal nights unless he dines in the buffet restaurant and to disagree with Scorpio41 he will be allowed in the theatre without a jacket on formal nights.

Edited by majortom10

I might be wrong but in the back of my mind I seem to recall that the Limelight Club on Britannia is casual even on formal nights (please check because I'm not certain) you do have to pay a cover charge of approx £22 each but it is a good night. The only thing I would say is that most people do observe the dress code on formal evenings.

Edited by Florry

Both Florry and Majortom are correct.

4 Formal Nights. You can only dine in the Buffet without a jacket.

You don't need a jacket for the Theatre.

The Limelight Club is always Smart Casual and is indeed £22 each.

The vast majority do wear dinner suits.

He will need a jacket to dine in MDR on formal nights unless he dines in the buffet restaurant and to disagree with Scorpio41 he will be allowed in the theatre without a jacket on formal nights.

Happy to be disagreed with. :)

Britannia is more relaxed than some of the other ships.

Yes, you can dine in the Limelight club on formal night in casual dress. We did when we were on board.

Hi

He may moan to start but I bet he enjoys it once he has done it, my OH was really against it when we started cruising but loves the formal nights now I see him looking in the mirror when he has his tux on obviously thinking how smart he looks (and yes he does)

There is one exception that he is not keen on and that is when a formal night is on a port day, we have had them twice on port days in the Caribbean but he just gets on with it now.