Sun cabin 0065

twiggycat

Thanks

We stayed in 8277 and it was wonderful.

Can not figure out why the warning on our booking .

Ncl sent us a photo of an enclosed balcony but the furniture was for a mini or regular balcony . It was all glass enclosed. Never have seen an all enclosed suite balcony, what would be the point of have a balcony. That to me is just another room.

Photos of the aft on Sun does not show any of the rooms with glass around the balcony.

Our so called personal consultant does not have a clue.

Web photos useless.

We were on the Sun a month ago in 9276, also an aft penthouse but on the opposite side and one deck down. We also had the "enclosed balcony" notice on our booking. The only thing that I can imagine they are taking about is where the balcony wraps around to the side of the ship. That portion is enclosed, but it's just a tiny section of the balcony. The entire portion that faces aft is completely open and just wonderful. Amazing views! It was by far the best balcony we've had on any ship, any cruise line. Looking at the ship from the outside, the balconies on all of the aft decks look very similar, so I'm sure yours will be just like ours.

Enjoy!

I think on some of the aft disabled cabins (maybe all disabled balconies), they have added a metal railing that goes on top of the wood beam. It doesn't affect much -- though when you're sitting, it blocks your vision a bit.gbtpRk Here's a picture. I can't imagine this is what they are talking about, but who knows?

IMG_1139.jpg

gbtpRk