Classic Liquor Prices vary per cruise ?? Is this common ?

downundermatt

We have two upcoming cruises on Celebrity and they have different pricing for the Drink Packages.

On the Connie next month on the Med its USD38, but next March on Solstice it's USD54 - South Pacific.

Is there any logic for this ?

Am assuming because the second cruise has more sea days, and probably more Australians it' s more expensive.....

Could be that the US one is $38 plus tax and service charge and the Australian one is $54 inclusive....I seem to remember spotting something similar when we cruised from Sydney.

Enjoy the South Pacific, we loved it. I described our cruise as the politest we had ever experienced. Not that we have ever found guests on any cruise rude but at lifts and at bars there were constant 'after you', 'you go first'...

We have two upcoming cruises on Celebrity and they have different pricing for the Drink Packages.

On the Connie next month on the Med its USD38, but next March on Solstice it's USD54 - South Pacific.

Am assuming because the second cruise has more sea days, and probably more Australians it' s more expensive.....

Our TA package price for Classic package is $27.50 a day and Premium I think is $34.00.

This is really unusual on a TA as we have 8 sea days on our crossing.

Did a TA last year and the package prices were very high in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our TA package price for Classic package is $27.50 a day and Premium I think is $34.00.

This is really unusual on a TA as we have 8 sea days on our crossing.

Did a TA last year and the package prices were very high in comparison.

There have been some offers on drinks packages recently, up to 50% on some cruises while others were as low as 10%, which may well account for the different pricing. Our roll call was very busy cancelling and rebooking when we found out!

If the price appeals buy now. You can always cancel later and repurchase if it ends up cheaper.

The regular price for the Classic package is USD55 plus 18% gratutity. Recently Celebrity has offered a discount on the beverage package for some select sailings. The $38 is mostly likely a 30% off discount which may only be available for a limited time.

The USD 54 ( or 55 depending on the conversion rate) is the normal price.