Gym/workout room

jeepfam

We are booked on the Getaway in December. My daughters were doing some research and told me that you have to be 16 to go to the gym. They are both on sports teams and were hoping to work out at some point without having to get up super early to run the small track. One daughter does track so she will need to condition. At time of the cruise they will be 15 1/2. How strict are they about the gym?? Could I go with them? Should we ask? or just act like we know what we are doing? :halo:

TIA,

B

On a couple ships (the last one being the Gem), I have seen youngsters who were with their parents being asked to leave the gym. These were (I'm estimating) children who were about 10 years old. My guess would be that your daughters will be fine in the gym. My assessment is that enforcement of the age rule isn't strict and, at times, appears non-existent.

I'm a daily gym rat.

I wondered if the girls seem serious and not just goofing around, they would be fine too. But, my girls hate to be embarrassed. :)

On a couple ships (the last one being the Gem), I have seen youngsters who were with their parents being asked to leave the gym. These were (I'm estimating) children who were about 10 years old. My guess would be that your daughters will be fine in the gym. My assessment is that enforcement of the age rule isn't strict and, at times, appears non-existent.

I'm a daily gym rat.

No one checks ID or cards so as long as they are respectful and behave as people are expected to in a gYm then there should be no problem. My children both worked out under the age of 16. The key is they worked out - not played on equipment as some younger children came in to do

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I doubt that they will be asked to leave if they are actually using the equipment properly. As I recall the gym on the Getaway is rather small for a ship that size, so they may need to figure out a time that is less busy to get a long workout in. Usually treadmills are limited to 30 minutes. They do have about 20 treadmills, some steppers and bikes, plus a really nice weight room.

Your daughters will be fine. It's when I see young kids playing around with the weight & cardio machines and have no idea of what they are doing they or becomes annoying & quite frankly dangerous. I have more than one occasion admonished kids for playing around with weight machines.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Agree. Never seen anyone ID'ed or their cards checked. Think it's more of a 'common sense' age limit. Children playing on the machines will be asked to leave. Teens really working out most likely won't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums