Transatlantic crossing

florence11

I have been looking at a cruise going to New York in October I am just wondering what is the crossing of the Atlantic like at that time of year. Thanks
Hi florence11,

Excellent is the answer! There is so much to do onboard, the days fly by. You'll have the most wonderful time I'm sure :) .

I esp. like WB crossings, and the entry into New York is not to be missed.

There are many photos taken onboard QM2 on several crossings via the link below, I hope they help get you in the mood.

Please ask more questions about QM2 or crossings, there are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here only too willing to help.

Book the crossing and have a marvelous time, Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

I have been looking at a cruise going to New York in October I am just wondering what is the crossing of the Atlantic like at that time of year.

Thanks

I guess you are thinking of the weather conditions and the simple facts are that one never knows what is in store. We have crossed in January and had some glorious sunshine - G&T's on the balcony! You can be sure that QM2 is the best ship to cross the Atlantic.

Hope you go for it and enjoy the journey.

Edited by mandranuc

The North Atlantic keeps its Summer warmth well into the Fall. It will be cool on deck, but not unpleasant. If you are thinking of booking a balcony, try for one on the port side: even on cloudy days it makes a great difference to be on the sun-facing side. We are looking forward to our early November QM2 sailing to New York - our sixth consecutive Fall trans-Atlantic.

This sounds like a weather related question. We are just back from a 16 day round trip (New York/Southampton/New York). It was a total mixed bag. Going East, we had 5 days of fantastic weather, going West we only had 2.5 days of good weather. We had a fair amount of clouds and rain and fog. Crossing the Atlantic is a crap shoot, you never know what you are going to get. We did this same cruise 3 years ago in August and we had 12 days of fantastic weather out of 15. That said, even when the Captain said that there were rough seas, I never would have known that. The QM2 is a very smooth ride.

Booked roundtrip Transatlantic on Thursday evening for £789 for an inside cabin on October 22nd 14nts and not concerned about the weather and condition of the sea it doesnt affect us and Iam sure QM2 will be able to handle it.

Booked roundtrip Transatlantic on Thursday evening for £789 for an inside cabin on October 22nd 14nts and not concerned about the weather and condition of the sea it doesnt affect us and Iam sure QM2 will be able to handle it.

That is a great price.I see £999 when I look.:confused:

I have been looking at a cruise going to New York in October I am just wondering what is the crossing of the Atlantic like at that time of year.

Thanks

As has been said before, the weather can be very variable, but the ship is always magnificent what ever the weather.

Pepper's photos really show what a great ship QM2 is. This is my video of a crossing in 2012 which shows an example of what an October crossing can be like -I had a great time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9CG47O0yx4