Marina, Executive Lounge

RJB

I have not been in Neptune`s lounge on HAL. I was comparing to Michael`s Club on Celebrity where cocktails are served for suite guests.

If that is the case, why were you originally asking if guests who had a butler would find a use for the Executive Lounge? :confused:

If that is the case, why were you originally asking if guests who had a butler would find a use for the Executive Lounge? :confused:

Our butler is not standing outside our door 24/7 so sometimes it is easier and quicker just to walk into the lounge and pick up what we want. Most of the butlers work pretty hard and there is no reason to call them to get us a soda or some other little thing that we can get ourselves. :):)

Our butler is not standing outside our door 24/7 so sometimes it is easier and quicker just to walk into the lounge and pick up what we want. Most of the butlers work pretty hard and there is no reason to call them to get us a soda or some other little thing that we can get ourselves. :):)

I agree -- I did not want to ask my butler to bring me an Earl Grey tea right before I had a cooking class...and because of the class had to miss tea at Horizons (sob!!) SO - even though we were in the Owners Suite we went to the Exec. lounge and I got my tea. And made the class. (Ken (husband) on the other hand had tea in the Exec Lounge and THEN went to Horizons for lots of - goodies...)

Executive Lounge is not "paradise on earth" and it certainly doesn't have any "free" alcohol. but it does have its uses...

Edited by Hambagahle

I have found that the Concierge and Executive Lounges on the Marina has the best and fastest internet on the ship. When service in your room, or even upstairs in the open lounge goes to a crawl, the speeds in those lounges remain high. My wife often had to check in with work and return some lengthy emails. That was by far the best place for her to go to get consistent service.

Also, on long cruises it's sometimes nice to actually read a real paper like the WSJ, etc. They are kept in the Lounges.

If you don't want a full breakfast, and don't want to stand in line at the Terrace, one can go there and pick and choice among great pastries and fruit, or just send the Butler. Sometimes, I'd rather know the options, if they don't! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off a two week TA crossing on Marina and found the lounge quite useful. Our PH was only a few doors away so it was convenient for spur of the moment lattes which are my life-blood. Also, returning from a long shore excursion after Waves closed, there was food there to sustain us until canape time. The internet connection was better than in our suite and I was able to print boarding passes for our return flight. It was also useful to pick up daily quizzes and read the WSJ, for example. We seemed to get off on the wrong foot with our butler so the Executive Lounge allowed us to be independent. Agree that free Happy Hour would be a great perk! Let's start a campaign. ;)