Viking - Paris extension: Restaurant suggestions

janetcbl

We really loved Chez Andre when we were there for Christmas last year. It's probably about 2k from your hotel, though. Small bistro, very local flavor; we Anglophones were definitely in the minority, though a few other tourists were there. Food was great, and we loved the atmosphere.

I don't know your price range, but here is a link. You could take the Metro from your hotel, a few stops to George V, and walk a short distance from there.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like just the kind of place we would like. We will be in Paris in June for several days after our Rhine cruise with Uniworld and marked it as a place to go.

Judy and Doug

• 4 months later...
We really loved Chez Andre when we were there for Christmas last year. It's probably about 2k from your hotel, though. Small bistro, very local flavor; we Anglophones were definitely in the minority, though a few other tourists were there. Food was great, and we loved the atmosphere.

I don't know your price range, but here is a link. You could take the Metro from your hotel, a few stops to George V, and walk a short distance from there.

Thanks for this tip! We dined there our last night in Paris, and it was a real hit. The food was excellent, and the topper was our waitress who spoke perfect English (with a Queens NY accent and attitude!).

Thanks for this tip! We dined there our last night in Paris, and it was a real hit. The food was excellent, and the topper was our waitress who spoke perfect English (with a Queens NY accent and attitude!).

Glad you enjoyed it! The recommendation came from our concierge at the Hotel Keppler. It was absolutely hopping on Christmas night when we were there.

We enjoyed the waitstaff too; our waitress was a real pip. I said something to her (in French) about how busy it was, and she replied in French that if it got any busier, she would find an extra apron and put me to work!

Glad you enjoyed it! The recommendation came from our concierge at the Hotel Keppler. It was absolutely hopping on Christmas night when we were there.

We enjoyed the waitstaff too; our waitress was a real pip. I said something to her (in French) about how busy it was, and she replied in French that if it got any busier, she would find an extra apron and put me to work!

Must have been the same waitress. We also had a Cabin Attendant [aka Stewardess] on Delta flying home who had some personality. When I asked for a second glass of red wine I offered my glass for the refill instead of the new one she was preparing to use, and she said we could save the planet. I said: saving the planet, one glass of wine at a time! And she replied: that would make a great slogan!

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

• 3 months later...

I just attempted to take a look at this restaurant for our trip next summer. When I googled it, it came up as "permanently closed". :(

Any other suggestions?

LOL.... The restaurant that popped up is in Arlington, VA DUH,!

Never mind.....

Edited by PR1NCESSD1ANE
Update!