On Board Credit question please

Jabbathehut

Hi we are due to depart on May 31st from Rome on the Connie , we are meant to have $600 OBC , I would like to use this towards a drinks package , how soon can I access this OBC please? Do I have to wait until we have embarked?

Regards

Heather x

Hi we are due to depart on May 31st from Rome on the Connie , we are meant to have $600 OBC , I would like to use this towards a drinks package , how soon can I access this OBC please? Do I have to wait until we have embarked?

Regards

Heather x

Order your drink package once you are on board and it will be shown on your Sea Pass account, which is where your OBC is shown as well. If you order your drink package before you board the ship, you will be charged on your credit card. OBC is only for on board purchases, so it can be applied to things that you put on your sea pass account (shore excursions, specialty dinners, gift shops, gratuities, etc).

how soon can I access this OBC please? Do I have to wait until we have embarked?

Regards

Heather x

Yes, you must wait until you actually embark on the ship. Please note that it will not show up on your shipboard account until 2-3 days into the cruise. But any charges made prior to it showing up will be credited against it once it does.

If it does not show up by the end of day 3 go to Guest Services. Make sure you have all your documentation with you showing you are owed $600 OBC.

Edited by CruisingChick

Yes, you must wait until you actually embark on the ship. Please note that it will not show up on your shipboard account until 2-3 days into the cruise. But any charges made prior to it showing up will be credited against it once it does.

If it does not show up by the end of day 3 go to Guest Services. Make sure you have all your documentation with you showing you are owed $600 OBC.

We have had two cruises where our extra $150 OBC has not shown up, so we had to bring our paperwork to Guest Services. Funny thing is that it is from Celebrity because we booked onboard. It is in addition to the $300. Having your paperwork is a must!!!

Edited by Lastdance

Regards

Heather x

Check before you purchase as you may be taxed on the value of the drink package if you purchase it while in certain ports. If you wait until you are out of the juristriction of the local port you will not be taxed.

Steve

Check before you purchase as you may be taxed on the value of the drink package if you purchase it while in certain ports. If you wait until you are out of the juristriction of the local port you will not be taxed.

Steve

Amplifying on this....if you are on a cruise that only stops at EU ports, you will be charged a VAT surcharge on all on board expenses. If you purchase a drink package (or anything else) prior to the cruise, you will not be charged the VAT, but of course then you can't use your OBC to purchase it.

One must also very careful when sailing out of spain (and perhaps other countries) because Spain doesn't care where the ship stops...if you purchase something while in Spanish water, you must pay the VAT and celebrity does collect it.

Celebrity does not tell you if VAT will or will not be charged on a cruise...one finds this out painfully once aboard.....so you asked a very good question.