MSC Preziosa Suit versus Yacht Club

kerryincork

Thinking of booking a suit. Apart from access to private area what is the differences between a regular suit and a yacht club suit? Which did you prefer?

The Aurea Suites are on decks 11 (cabins 11001 -11010); 10 (cabins 10001 - 10008) and 9 (cabins 9001 -9010) and apart from the two corner ones on each deck, which are (11009 and 11010; 10007 and 10008; 9009 and 9010), have no balconies. They have panoramic glass windows.

The corner suites have balconies and two rooms, the others only have one room.

All the suites in the YC except the three YC2 cabins have balconies.

The main difference then is the "experience " for which it is like comparing chalk and cheese, the YC is real luxury and a lot of very nice perks. The regular suites have a couple of perks, which other cabins with the Bella or Fantastica experience don't have, which are nice too have but not a patch on the YC.

You can get the comparisons of the perks on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649

Pete

PS At first I thought this was going to be a question about formal night attire,

Edited by Skier52

I haven't experienced an Aurea suite. However, I have experienced the Yacht Club. Given a choice, I'd opt for the YC any day. It offers so much more.

Just keep in mind that all-inclusive only pertains to the YC enclave whereas the inclusive drinks package for Aurea relates to all other venues on the ship. That's why I always buy an Allegrissimo package when in YC as I spend a lot of time outside of the area. I book it when I want an extra-special experience.

With the Yacht Club you get to enjoy the ship in its entirety.

Grand gives something to think about ☺

For a direct comparison you could read these two reviews of mine

A) Aurea balcony suite on Sinfonia ( not quite the same as the bigger ones on Preziosa but a good comparison to the single room ones except mine had a balcony), on an E. Med. cruise taken in Nov/Dec 2014

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=9372

B) A YC1 on Divina doing a similar E Med Itinerary. Cruise taken in Oct/Nov 2012.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=4472

Both reviews include lots of pictures and follow the same format to make a comparison easy

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Are there extra tips that we have to make in YC above the daily service charge?

No; the official policy is to discourage individual tipping, however you are at liberty to give additional tips if you believe that a person deserves it for really excellent service.

I must add that it is the perceived wisdom of many who contribute to these boards that the recipient must add any personal tips to the general "pool" and failure to do so is a sackable offence. So if you want to give a personal tip it should be done with utmost discretion and in a manner that can not be observed by any other member of the crew.

No; the official policy is to discourage individual tipping, however you are at liberty to give additional tips if you believe that a person deserves it for really excellent service.

I must add that it is the perceived wisdom of many who contribute to these boards that the recipient must add any personal tips to the general "pool" and failure to do so is a sackable offence. So if you want to give a personal tip it should be done with utmost discretion and in a manner that can not be observed by any other member of the crew.

This is true! We waited until it was just us and our favorite bar tender and we definately gave our butler extra in private..... we felt the few we gave extra cash to went above and beyond and that's saying a lot for the YC because they all go out of their way for YC guest.

This is true! We waited until it was just us and our favorite bar tender and we definately gave our butler extra in private..... we felt the few we gave extra cash to went above and beyond and that's saying a lot for the YC because they all go out of their way for YC guest.

I agree, slipping a few dollars to the bartender for his fantastic service resulted in some (by some I mean A LOT!!) premium spirits that were not "on the list". Also throughout the cruise when we saw our butler or his assistant we "greased their palms" with a handshake.

We were very happy with the service from individuals, thus the extras but if you are not, there is no reason to tip individually.