NCL Jewel to Alaska - Pools Heated?

OV8

Departing in a few days from Seattle north bound.

Wanted to know if the pools are heated on the Jewel or even the hot tubs?

Have heard glacier days are nice in the hot tub. :)

Departing in a few days from Seattle north bound.

Wanted to know if the pools are heated on the Jewel or even the hot tubs?

Have heard glacier days are nice in the hot tub. :)

There is a reason them call em Hot Tubs and not Warm Tubs or Cold Tubs :D

On the Pearl the pools were heated, not hot but warm enough. They are warmer then the outside air. My 6yo daughter and I were in them in 55-60 deg weather a couple weeks ago. Though on the last day at sea before we arrived in Victoria we were in one pool and jumped into the other and it felt like we had jumped into an ice bath. I think they had put new water in and it had not heated up enough. The Hot Tubs were nice and warm.

The hot tubs are hot :) and the pools were also heated. The best part about these on an Alaska cruise is that they are definitely not crowded. We went to the pool and hot tub several evenings on our Alaska cruise last summer!

we found them to be warmer on some days than others and no rhyme or reason as to why. But we did have beautiful weather when we went and my daughter swam on our Victoria day most of the day and had a blast...and got sun burnt

I'll be with you on that sailing in just a few days!

It looks like the weather will be nice in Seattle on Saturday at least (nice by PNW standards) so I'm hoping we can enjoy the pool at least the first day.

There is a reason them call em Hot Tubs and not Warm Tubs or Cold Tubs :D

On the Pearl the pools were heated, not hot but warm enough. They are warmer then the outside air. My 6yo daughter and I were in them in 55-60 deg weather a couple weeks ago. Though on the last day at sea before we arrived in Victoria we were in one pool and jumped into the other and it felt like we had jumped into an ice bath. I think they had put new water in and it had not heated up enough. The Hot Tubs were nice and warm.

LOL :p

Luckily we have gotten used to wearing rashguards so that should theoretically gets us acclimated quickly.

Edited by OV8

The hot tubs are hot :) and the pools were also heated. The best part about these on an Alaska cruise is that they are definitely not crowded. We went to the pool and hot tub several evenings on our Alaska cruise last summer!

Yay! Hopefully no saving loungers LOL!

The pools and hot tubs on the Jewel are heated (inviting steam rising up from the water in the mornings). We watched mostly kids in the pool with the adults bundled up sitting in the loungers on most days.

I like the imagery!

Did you notice any one partaking on glacier day?

Can one see glaciers at from the pool/tubs?

we found them to be warmer on some days than others and no rhyme or reason as to why. But we did have beautiful weather when we went and my daughter swam on our Victoria day most of the day and had a blast...and got sun burnt

I actually did a 15 year analysis of weather on each of the ports on this itinerary & Victoria & Seattle are the best chance for sun & spring like weather.

How long was the sun light out in Victoria? I know on this Jewel schedule we are there only from 2.30PM - 9.30PM.

I'll be with you on that sailing in just a few days!

It looks like the weather will be nice in Seattle on Saturday at least (nice by PNW standards) so I'm hoping we can enjoy the pool at least the first day.

YAY! Can't wait huh?!

The weather is all over the place the farther we go north.

So I am tempering my expectations - preparing for anything & everything yet still trying to pack light.

If that is possible.

See you at the <hot> pool!

I actually did a 15 year analysis of weather on each of the ports on this itinerary & Victoria & Seattle are the best chance for sun & spring like weather.

How long was the sun light out in Victoria? I know on this Jewel schedule we are there only from 2.30PM - 9.30PM.

it was in the 90's the day we left Seattle and by the evening it was super windy and cold! The next day it tamed down by afternoon.

I think the sun typically went down by 10 pm on our cruise. We never thought it was out much later than home for us. We arrived at Seattle around 5 I want to say. I can't remember offhand. It changes just a few weeks before we went. Originally it was supposed to be the same time as yours, but they moved it later and we stayed late.

• 2 weeks later...
YAY! Can't wait huh?!

The weather is all over the place the farther we go north.

So I am tempering my expectations - preparing for anything & everything yet still trying to pack light.

If that is possible.

See you at the <hot> pool!

Did you notice the kids pool was ice cold on the way into Victoria yesterday? Apparently they refilled it and it hadn't heated up yet, on the 2nd sunny day of the cruise. They were letting the kids go in the adult pool since it was so cold.

Did you notice the kids pool was ice cold on the way into Victoria yesterday? Apparently they refilled it and it hadn't heated up yet, on the 2nd sunny day of the cruise. They were letting the kids go in the adult pool since it was so cold.

Hey BayGirl22 - sorry for the delay in response, I was actually of the grid for most of the cruise.

Our party never made it to the pool, they were too busy doing other things but I did manage top sneak in a hot tub AM on the Victoria entry.

I wore a rashguard & the water felt just right.

Leads me to believe the water was a bit cool even with the mechanical heating.

Hope you had a gr8 time otherwise!

Edited by OV8

• 3 weeks later...