Disney Gift Cards

smheese

I would think you are correct. And I had no issues in any of the times I have done this. Doesn't mean it won't change, but my experience has let me buy them each time I have tried.

Possibly.

Can you use a Staples gift card to purchase other gift cards?

EDIT: Just checked the back of the Staples gift card. It says:

Cannot be used for credit card payments or purchase of other gift cards or wireless cards.

Now, maybe, Staples views Disney gift cards as "not gift cards, but entertainment cards" (like Target), but that's something that should be clarified before purchasing the Staples card if you intend to buy Disney cards with it.

Well, apparently, Steelers0854 was able to. But I think it may depend on what each manager/store's policy is. The back of the card says it's not good for gift cards, so it sounds like it would be a "no". But Staples (like Target) may recognize Disney cards as "entertainment" cards, not "gift" cards in their system.

No way of knowing whether your Staples will allow you to or not, except by giving it a try.

Shmoo, have you personally tried it? It doesn't sound like you have?

Or have you Shmoogled it?

Shmooogle

verb

to search for information about (someone or something) on the Internet

using a search engine or other forum sites.

"I've read online that is this policy"

ex techie

FYI

I was in three separate Staples this weekend, since I had access via a road trip. There is only one Staples in my town, and it's on the other side so rather a PITA to drive to. Comically, their policies were all over the map!

- One was a free-for-all (i.e. good!)

- The next limited gift card purchases to $500 / day total, didn't matter that I wanted a variety of merchants

- The last one was cash or debit card only for ALL gift card purchases!

Of course, each one claimed that this was "Staples corporate policy" - which makes me mad because I don't like being lied to.

So, moral of the story your mileage may vary, even at the same store chain.

theBOAT

FYI

I was in three separate Staples this weekend, since I had access via a road trip. There is only one Staples in my town, and it's on the other side so rather a PITA to drive to. Comically, their policies were all over the map!

- One was a free-for-all (i.e. good!)

- The next limited gift card purchases to $500 / day total, didn't matter that I wanted a variety of merchants

- The last one was cash or debit card only for ALL gift card purchases!

Of course, each one claimed that this was "Staples corporate policy" - which makes me mad because I don't like being lied to.

So, moral of the story your mileage may vary, even at the same store chain.

theBOAT

That's all I'm saying. While the policy may be printed on the card, each store could have it's own "take" on what that means.

Good to know! I wasn't going to risk it. I'm going to attempt to buy Disney gc with my target red card, I think it'll be a pita but end result saves $300, so that's worth my time.

Yea, it was a roll of the dice to begin with but I bought small amounts just in case. Can always find something I need at staples!

That would actually save me $1100 on my final payment. :eek:

And if you use a credit card that give you % back, you get that.

Sam's was mail only. So I went to target for deposit, but I'll buy the rest, 3 at a time, from Sam's using my credit card for 1% back.

I bought 11 $100 gc from target, then combined them. I didn't want my TA to hate me. Max is $1000 per gc.

I've purchased Disney gift cards on many occasions with my Target Red card. No problems.

Though, I'm not sure I saved anything...:confused:

$15 at the Starbucks

$45 on clearance clothes...

I have three girls...so...

But if you're able buy the cards and get out, then you save.

$15 at the Starbucks

Shop during school hours???? I learned long ago that keeping daughter out of stores was a good thing.

$15 at the Starbucks

I stopped at Target yesterday for a throw rug. I left with $75 worth of stuff I apparently couldn't live without. No rug. I was alone. Every time... :)

Shop during school hours???? I learned long ago that keeping daughter out of stores was a good thing.

She's only four, no school yet. And it was Sunday, I willingly took her as our one on one time.

Target is a trap, superdottie!

With two littles, I do most of my shopping online, which I tend to forget about or see the total and delete. Lots less shopping!

We get ours for 4% off at BJ's plus the 1% we get back on the credit card.

This!:cool: Our credit card gives us a 1.5% rebate, so by buying at BJ'S we save a total of 5.5 % on the gift cards. We buy enough to pay for everything we know we'll generate a bill towards, Palo, spa, cabana, tips, etc.

We just bought $1500 worth of Disney gift cards from Sam's using our Chase card. The extra 5% cash back category for April, May & June includes Sam Club and will apply to Disney Gift Card purchases. Unfortunately the 5% back is limited to $1500, but between the discounted price on the gift cards and the extra 5% back we saved $141 on cards valued at $1500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great info. I have been getting my gc from Sam's Club for our WDW trip in Nov. Now I know I can use the gc onboard the Wonder in July 2017. If I am understanding correctly, I can pay my final tab before debarking with gc. Can the Disney Rewards card also be used onboard?

Thanks for all the great info. I have been getting my gc from Sam's Club for our WDW trip in Nov. Now I know I can use the gc onboard the Wonder in July 2017. If I am understanding correctly, I can pay my final tab before debarking with gc. Can the Disney Rewards card also be used onboard?

Yes the GC can be used towards your on board charges. You can have it applied before the cruise by calling TA or DCL, or while on board at Guest Services. Just make sure you keep the GC until after your cruise. Any unused amount will go back on the GC.

Target.com has $50.00 Disney Gift cards available now. Yeah!!! They have been out of stock for the last month.

:)

$100 ones too! I just ordered three of them! I had a lot of Target GCs from various places and used them to pay for most of it, then used my Target Redcard for the remaining balance. Interestingly, I got 5% off the *total* by using the Redcard, even though the Redcard only covered a small piece of the purchase!