Rental Car Athens Cruise Port Terminal

Wine-O

• 1 month later...

I quick Google search reveals the answer to your question. We have been to Pireaus many times but never rented a car so I won't give you any options but the Internet is your friend.

We have rented in Pireaus, but it was a few years ago when the port was somewhat different. We simply looked online for a local rental car place (outside of the Port) and walked to the car rental agency. I cannot recommend a place now, since it has been too long. But we would simply use the internet to find some options close to the port and check the prices. As to why we rented a car, it was to do a driving trip down the coast (to Sounion) and then we later just worked our way back using inland roads (found a nice cave complex).

We do not recommend driving in Athens where traffic can be horrendous and parking difficult.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I quick Google search reveals the answer to your question. We have been to Pireaus many times but never rented a car so I won't give you any options but the Internet is your friend.

Hey, thanks for your response. I'm very familiar with google and the internet. You haven't even come close to answering my question. :eek:

We have rented in Pireaus, but it was a few years ago when the port was somewhat different. We simply looked online for a local rental car place (outside of the Port) and walked to the car rental agency. I cannot recommend a place now, since it has been too long. But we would simply use the internet to find some options close to the port and check the prices. As to why we rented a car, it was to do a driving trip down the coast (to Sounion) and then we later just worked our way back using inland roads (found a nice cave complex).

We do not recommend driving in Athens where traffic can be horrendous and parking difficult.

Hank

I'm looking at doing something similar. I looked on google maps and saw an Avis agency near the port, but when I go on their website, they only list offices in town or at the airport.

You might need to explore some of the smaller regional companies such as Autounion, Kosmos, etc. In Greece there are actually many smaller rental car companies that have no connection to the majors. it can sometimes take digging on the internet to even find these companies but they do exist are are usually fine. We just did a quick look and saw that Kosmos has an office at the Port area (although it is not right at the cruise ship area).

Sometimes these smaller companies will even agree to pick folks up the port so it pays to ask. Of course this means you need a working phone (one reason why we always carry our MOBAL phone which works nearly everywhere in the world).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner